• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Passive "Defend"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Hello Hive Dwellers :ogre_hurrhurr:

Would appreciate it if someone could make me an ability/trigger that gives unit A a 35% chance to completely block an attack, and unit B a 15% chance to block an attack completely as well.

Something like this...

Unit A:

Ability name:
Tower Shield

Description:
This unit is carrying a Tower Shield, giving it a 35% chance to block an attack made against it.

Unit B:

Ability name:
Buckler

Description:
This unit is carrying a Buckler, giving it a 15% chance to block an attack made against it.

Both abilities should be Passive please :ogre_haosis:

Level 33
It does not need trigger, at all, you just need to base your ability from Hardened Skin and here we go:
Data - Ignored Damage: Set to most highest value you can go (99999)
Data - Chance to Reduce Damage (%): 35 for Unit A and 15 for Unit B
Data - Minimum Damage: 0

Reactions: ndh
Level 33
Oh, you're thirteen, forgive me for that vulgar words... for you.
It means that it would look awesome (did I use a correct word this time? ;p) if "block" would appear as the unit actually evades the oncoming attack, it would look more nicer than usual, you know compared to the ol` 'miss' thingy.

Level 33
just use a hardened skin ability then change to the max damage to be blocked by max(although,it just block physical damage)
LoL and you would think magic would be affected by "miss" too ?
Same lol.

Evade = Hardened Skin

Just, evade has extra cool effect such as "miss" text can be changed to "blocked" etc.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Imo, a shield should be able to block magic.... but anyways, i am using evade, and changed the text to Blocked!. But was hoping to make a parry ability using hardened skin or some other ability, just don't know how to yet.

Level 12
Not sure, but for the evade all i had to do was change the "art - caster" model to whatever i wanted. I would asume it would be the same for the hardened skin or whatever ability you are using.

gonna test it out

Status
Not open for further replies.