• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren Rage Tournament v2.4c

Reactions: MultiGod
Pandaren Rage Tournament - Release that Rage!

Story:

You are a Drunken Panda, looking to release your rage on Humans. Your goal is to race your opponents in getting a certain amount of human kills (footmen, knights, gunners).
[Hero kills are worth a lot more]

Point System:

When a human is Killed
For every kill your panda gets, 1 Knight and 1 Gunner will spawn randomly and you get 1 kill count. [Kills give you money aswell]

When a hero is killed:
[Hero kill = 10% dying Hero's kill counts are transferred to the killer (massively worth it mid - late game + 500 gold]
[Hero Death = 10% of the dying units kill counts lost and losing 250 gold (unless killed by humans)]

Super humans:
When the average hero level reaches a certain value (35 - Easy, 25 - Moderate, 20 - Hard) in the game, Every 10 - 20 units killed will produce 1 super Human [there are three different types].
The only thing different about these units, besides looking badass, are that they are a lot stronger, especially in groups.
As the game progresses, these units will become more common and hence the game becomes also more challenging.

Bosses:
Also, if you play in team modes, Boss units [hydra's] will spawn by rare chance and are way too strong to take on 1v1 hence only available in team modes.

At first, its about running, surviving, levelling and getting those few extra units to stay on top.
My trick is run around and make as many units chase you as possible(don't get trapped though unless your high level or got good items). As you run, use spells and keep running, eventually, the majority of that group will be on red health. Then use a spell again to get a big boost in kills. I find this much more efficient than killing one by one
30szorl.jpg

More Competition

Leader in kills:
- They will receive less experience in order to make it challenging to stay on top in kills.
- Every 30 seconds the leading player will be pinged in order to give the rest of the players a chance to kill him or avoid him if they are low ranked.
Leader in Level:
- Every 30 seconds the leading player will be pinged in order to give the rest of the players a chance to kill him or avoid him if they are low level.

Hero Death Match
Every 5 minutes, all players will be spawned to the centre. Teams will spawn together(if there are teams), and will given 10 seconds to plan their attack. All injured heroes will be restored to full health while dead heroes will be revived at the location.

Last Chance before you lose:
When a player reaches the kill count goal, a countdown from 30 will appear giving other players a chance to reduce that players kills back below the goal:
- by killing him/her (ganging him/her all at once is a good idea)
- by reducing his/her kills directly [by purchasing Scroll of Disadvantage at a shop (explained later)]
[This is your chance to put pressure on the leading player.]

Winning:
If the countdown finishes and the player is still on top then the game is over. Victory goes to this player and his team [if any]

Items:

(if can be leveled, then, max item level is Lv.5)
Scroll of reveal - [used to reveal a certain area of the map] (cannot be leveled)
Scroll of Teleportation - [used to teleport to any place on the map] (cannot be leveled)
Claws of Attack - [extra damage for panda] (can be leveled)
Boots of Speed - [extra movement speed] (can be leveled)
Gloves of Haste - [extra attack speed] (can be leveled)
Ring of Armor - [extra armor] (can be leveled)
Mask of Death - [Life steal] (cannot be leveled - not sure if i should make this level - might become too powerful)
Crown of Kings - [Upgrades all stats] (can be leveled)
Wand of Taunting - [Urges all human units on the map to come to you, enabling faster kills] (drops on death) (cannot be leveled)
Scroll of Disadvantage - [Reduces the kills of every other player](thinking about making a global shop for this purpose so players can buy this even when they're dead)
2h707t1.jpg

Characters:

Heroes:

At the beginning, you can change heroes by typing -repick
But this will only work for the first 20 seconds after you receive your first hero

-Panda Baby Charge (10 levels)
-Panda Thunder Fart (10 levels)(also silences them)
-Panda Holy Light (10 levels)(you can heal your self)
-Panda Blink (10 levels)
-Panda Storm of Logs (10 levels)(must be a certain level before learning)
2e3u3c1.jpg

-Panda Breath of Fire (10 levels)
-Panda Panda Thorns (10 levels)
-Panda Life Drain (10 levels)(you can heal your self)
-Panda Wind Walk (10 levels)
-Panda Fart Mastery (10 levels)(must be a certain level before learning)
xd5x1w.jpg

-Panda Shoulder Charge Mastery (10 levels)
-Panda Force Fight (10 levels)
-Panda Drunken Brawler (10 levels)(you can heal your self)
-Panda Reversal (10 levels)
-Panda Sumo Mastery (10 levels)(must be a certain level before learning)
51pq85.jpg

-Panda Arm Lock (10 levels)
-Panda Drunken Haze (10 levels)
-Panda Burning Footsteps (10 levels)(you can heal your self)
-Panda Shimmering Rays (10 levels)
-Panda Aura of Adrenalin (10 levels)(must be a certain level before learning)
24x153r.jpg

Hero Info:
[We always aim for balanced gameplay]
-Will respawn when they die after a certain amount of time
-Can level up to level 50
-Can learn up to 5 skills in the game
-Each Drunken Panda starts off the size of a footman and grows slightly as they level (except for any panda with the name uncle small - he stays small and cute)
[Small feature that my friends liked and many people online enjoyed]
-Every player gets a panda with a unique name.

25higar.jpg

2arfaf.jpg

33ksx9z.jpg

wqplat.jpg

2qxoqc1.jpg

Game Settings:

[Chosen by player 1]

Teams:
-[Free for all](All players compete against eachother)
-[Teams of 2](Players will be teamed up into 4 teams of 2 players each for the ultimate competition!)
-[Teams of 4](Players will be teamed up into 2 teams of 4 players each for the ultimate war!)

Number of Kills to Win range from:
-(300 - 500 - 750 - 1000) for [Free for all]
-(450 - 750 - 1100 - 1500) for [Teams of 2]
-(650 - 1100 - 1650 - 2250) for [Teams of 4]
[not as much as you think]

Difficulty:
-[Easy](Super Creeps spawn when average hero level is 35)
-[Moderate](Super Creeps spawn when average hero level is 25)
-[Hard](Super Creeps spawn when average hero level is 20)

Modes:
-[Normal mode](for competitive play)
-[Stress mode](no cooldown, for when you need to release some stress with friends)]

Hero Selection:
-[All Pick](Players pick hero from a tavern)
-[All Random](Players are given heroes randomly)

Please rate and give suggestions after you have tried hosting! Thnx

Credits:

Dedicated Beta Testers: BuzzA _Michael _Kevvy
Contributers: _Michael BuzzA [tank]lelouch _Kevvy purlecho MultiGod light bolt30
Resources: Norinrad for "WarDancer" and "Sumo" Unit Models JetFangInferno for "light strike array" model

Pictures of the map:
2wqh3e9.jpg

fjd9op.jpg

-More Enhanced spells
-More items
-More characters
-More balance and gameplay improvements
-Improvements to Terrain - will be thinking about reducing the size
-Increased challenge

[i Just need your thoughts]
- Any suggestions and new ideas welcome.

Release Date and ChangeLogs

Version 2.4c released 8/2/10
Keep checking to get the latest version

- fixed a few spawning glitches

- increased Burning footsteps damage
- Reduced time between deathmatches. 5 minutes now
- Reduced Mana regain during level up
- Deathmatch prizes are now destroyed on death

- Fixed Multiplayer glitch

-Large balancing changes
-Change of name from Rampage Race to Pandaren Rage

-fix some small tooltip bugs
-attempt to fix repick bug

-New Heroes:
-Panda Sumo
-Panda Flame Master
-Leaver name duller
-Leaver checker fix
-Decreased deathmatch planning time to 10 seconds
-Allies Chat auto fix
-Heroes can't attack allies until under 200 health
-Allies are given control over leavers units
-type -jail to send leaver's units to jail
-separate leaderboard for each player
-Super creeps spawn depending on average hero level
-leaver notifaction fix
-New hero selection system

-Hero Death match implimentation
-Added many items possible to gain as death match victory prizes(secret)
-Fixed hero spawn points to spawn as teams
-Extended repick time
-Fixed game messages timing
-Remove as many leaks as possible
-Fixed colourisation of game messages
-Hero balancing

-Fixed Panda Baby Charge damage

-Option to play in competitive teams!!
-Added Teleportation Scroll
-Balancing Fixes to Drunk assassin
-Stronger Human Units that spawn for mid-late game
-Improvements to Terrain
-Clearer Game message System
-Bosses [In team mode]
-Increased challenge

-Added Hero [Drunken Panda Assassin]
-Leaver Checker [Type -afk]
-Pings Leader in Hero Levels
-Increase Crown of King stats [doubled]
-Reduce Bladestorm Damage
-Enhanced Spells
-Experience rate is affected depending on your rank
-Reduced Respawn time
-Add Leaderboard feature for kills or levels [type -lb (for Level Leaderboard) or -kb (for Kill Leaderboard) or -b off (for no Leaderboard)]
-Scroll of Teleportation
-Total Remake of ranking system
-Complete remake of Winning countdown system. (Will stop counting down if kills are reduced below goal)
-Fixed Camera Panning

-Fix growth - level
-Smaller map
-Terrain enhancements
-Slow Down Instructions
-Fix instructions to become clearer
-Pings Kill leader
-Fix negative kills

Let me know what you think. Thanx

Keywords:
Panda, Drunken, Rampage, Race, Stress, Kill, Multiplayer, Arena, relax, massacre, challenge, mass, war, numbers, daphey, pandaren, hero, rage
Contents

Pandaren Rage Tournament v2.4c (Map)

Reviews
19:33, 17th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 3
I'm glad you think so.

Yes. Many people have suggested stronger humans as the game progresses. The only concern is that, lower leveled may become overwhelmed. But nevertheless i will look into it. Maybe give them extra damage.

Thanks.

Level 3
You should make units improve by time.

Thanx for the suggestion. Has been looked into.
To be expected in Version 2.0:

After a certain point in the game, Every 10 - 20 units killed will produce 1 super Human [there are three different types]. The only thing different about these units are that they are a lot stronger, especially in groups. as the game progresses, these units will become more common and hence the game becomes also more challenging. Also, if you play in team modes [coming in version 2.0 also], Boss units [hydra's] will spawn by rare chance and are way to strong to take one 1v1 hence only available in team modes.

Level 4
Mine warcraft wasn't able to detect the map , i think it's bcs the name is a bit big.Downloading...

Edit: Nothing happend when i changed the name , ill try to change the file of the map
Edit: I changed it's path from C\programm files\warcraft\maps\downloads to C\programm files\warcraft\maps and i was able to host it
Edit: Dled an played funny map but i wasn't able to got a full house

Last edited:
Level 4
hey i myself have been working on a map on and off, currently off, but i have a good amount of triggered skills in it (i also like the idea of balanced gameplay) but i can email the map to you, and ifyou like the abilities i might be able to help you (private message me if you are interested) and i am excited to get my entourage together to try your map

on second thought i will pm it to you now because i have a tendency to not check hiveworkshop for days on end (took me two years to make an account) i decided just to upload to this website http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/minjasquare-version-07b-148687/

Last edited:
Level 3
warcraft wasn't able to detect the map

Im not sure if this is the case, but it happens to everyone usually when they copy the map into the warcraft map folder when their warcraft is still in a map selection place. So the warcraft doesn't detect it after that unless you exit the game and start it a again.

i wasn't able to got a full house

The art of hosting a new map is hosting it with a title attractive to the other people's eyes =] or just tells them your in a hurry to play =P Try "RAMPAGE RACE!!! GOGOGO"

Edit: Dled an played funny map

Remember to give feedback once you've hosted please, so that i can further improve the map. But it is true that a fullhouse game will teach you a lot more than say a 3 player game would =D

Last edited:
Level 3
Thnx! when we checked out angel arena, there were like a million versions with no description so we just gave up. =)

Please Rate give any opinions and suggestions. And if possible, report any bugs.

Level 3
I find it awsome how its just pandas XD haha you could call it Panda Arena! Jokes...but it's awsome. I love the theme of the map: pandas :p!

Angel Arena doesn't have description beacause most of it uses another language (i think)

There is only 4 heroes?

Even 4 heroes can be enough if they can upgrade, or learn different spells, abilities... (So if u can't find more panda models do something like this :thumbs_up:)

Map is huge, no need for that, only 8 items and spells don't have proper description :hohum: (improve that)

Very hard at start, very easy after some time :con: (Make monsters/creeps have increased dmg, armor, hp ... after some time or after set number of kills)

Also terrain is simple, use more custom doodads from hive :razz:

Btw i can give only 2/5 for this, because it can be funny to play with friends! But i don't want to ruin your map reputation. I will just leave comment!

Level 3
Thnx for the opinions and feedback. Btw creeps do get stronger after a number of kills have been reached. The more people are playing the earlier the stronger creeps spawn.

I will look to improving on what you have advised =)

Level 3
Feedback response

I have looked into your feedback and have uploaded a slightly improved version.

In order to experience the full potential of this map, i would like to suggest you play with others. 4 + players preferably. and test the teamed modes etc. Most of your suggestions have already been covered though they are more noticeable in multiplayer [Besides the number of item and heros (I will be adding more)].

I am not worried about my reputation as every map has areas to improve in. In addition, i wouldn't mind listening to all the suggestions and feedback they can give me.

I mean if you and your friends provide me with good suggestions, i may even add you to my credits.

The terrain enhancements etc ahve not yet been looked into, expect them in the near future =P.