1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Paired Concept Art & Short-Story Contest - WarCraft IV: Atlas of Destruction

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Pharaoh_, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Curious.

2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ... and curious-er.

Well, since things are totally dead around here, lemme do the UNTHINKABLE and try to get things going with a WIP! Hopefully some more of you will follow suit (lol, "inspired by my great example"), rather than just sit & take notes (ha, as if :p).

(Still working on some of the proper names)

3. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That's pretty good. Not much to see, but promising.

4. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, wait, I was intrigued by this when I first saw it but I dismissed the thought of joining because I didn't think I'd have the tme. Is there some talk of an extension going on, or...?

EDIT: Bonus question: If I'm feeling extra insane today and sign up as a single-man team, and then manage to mae a finished entry by dec 10th, can I compete?

5. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have to drop out. My teammate decided to quit so I can't really do anything. Good luck to the rest of the competitors though ^^

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    There's not been talk of extensions, but we still have 2 weeks from today to do it. 2000 words ain't that bad.

Bonus Answer: Sure thing. : )

Aw man, sorry to hear that. Is there no one around who could pick up the slack & throw some art together?

Also, don't forget, you can go as a one-man team... Sure you may not be able to 'art' as well, but if you've already written stuff up it might be worth taking a hit in the 'art department' so as to stay in the Contest.

7. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, noice. Glad to see that the old 'you must have joined before X to participate' rules are no longer in effect.
    Anyways, it aint exactly the writing that's got me worried. :p I'll make my deciscion on joining when I've determined whether I can produce some art that I'm satisfied with within the timeframe or not.

Cheers!

8. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Err...

9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    My bad.

10. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Kyrbi0 most of the contestants are crossed out. :[

11. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Me and Daenor would really, really, really like an extension for this contest.

And it would seem like everyone else might want it too, as there is little in
    form of WIP's and such. If we are to have any contestants at all submit
    anything, we'll likely have to extend it.

12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It's true... We haven't had much in the way of WIPs. :<

I kinda feel like we'd be alright (except I haven't talked to my artist-buddy in a bit, so hopefully that's still true :p), but an extension definitely wouldn't hurt.

What I would
    is for someone other than me & you to be talking about this, though. For such a big & interesting Team-based Contest, this has surprisingly little traffic. Granted it's still mid-college/exams for most people (myself included), and granted 1/2 of each Team has a difficult thing to "WIP" about (though not impossible), but still...

13. Pvt.Toma

Pvt.Toma

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WIP

The pain of losing him still etched in his mind, a mark that forever torments Arkgnash, the memory still so vivid within his very being. On the fated day of the battle, when all of Archimonde’s forces expected a victory for the Burning Legion but just as victory was so close, Archimonde was defeated by the Alliance through the detonation of thousands of wisps, and sealed the deal of the loss of the Burning Legion. Arkgnash, a doomguard, ran away from the slaughtering of his kins as he knew that with Archimonde gone, so is his allegiance for the Burning Legion. Depending on which doomguard one approaches, most of the doomguards believes that Archimonde will return while some don’t. And Arkgnash is one of those who don’t, simply accepting the fact that he has to move on. Running away from battle instead of staying behind for the slaughter however proves to be his undoing as he dares not to face his kin anymore, even though he knows full well that retreating through teleportation is a common tactic of the doomguards, but the fact that he teleported without even being injured and did not bother to also cast any spells to back up his allies then is a stain on his pride, thus he does not know how to face them, dead or alive.

Abandoning even his most prized possession, that is his set of armor with the symbol of Archimonde and his enchanted longsword, he instead donned a large cloth which is able to masks his whole body, he also snaps parts of his horn off so that his demonic built would not be so easily identified. He had almost abandoned everything that made him a doomguard, including their ways of brutality and cruelty, where Arkgnash instead tortures himself by basking in the nature of Azeroth. Nature, however, isn’t kind to him. Wolves, golems, spiders and every other predator known to Azeroth wants to kill him, but he, due to his own pact, sees that he is not worthy of inflicting injury on others and instead he adopted a lifestyle of a nomad, where he travels around daily and only silently endure any harm inflicted while running away from confrontations. How long will this last, he wonders? Surely this pact must be broken someday, sooner or later.

14. Daenar7

Daenar7

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I may propose to extend the deadline to the first days of January, so we all can do the stuff during the holidays. I am also very busy and in a very intense period of work/commission/study, though i may be able to do the artwork for the 10th of december, i think it will be a good thing for all of us to have more time.

15. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Not bad, Toma! I'm likin' the idea of a Doom Guard in exile. Couple of minor grammar issues here & there, but it's an interesting idea. : )

16. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    Extension plox.

17. Pvt.Toma

Pvt.Toma

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, still working on the grammar.
    English isn't really my native language, but that's not an excuse.

18. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So... Knowing about the existence of an extension would be really handy right about now, since we're approaching Zero Hour... I still believe I'll be able to finish (have to check on the artistic side of things, though), but there are many others who, it seems, could really benefit from taking advantage of the holidays...

19. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, since Pharaoh doesn't seem like he's around to address the matter,
    and since I am a moderator, and since the only still active posters in this
    contest has all voiced they want an extension, I'll go on a whim here and:

Officially extend this contest to the 31st of December.

Good luck folks, I know I'll make an effort to finish this.
    And I hope people will start getting things done when they're
    done with their exams, remember, there's an actually physical
    prize for this contest! Giddy-up :)

P.S: This new Barracks layout is going to need some getting used to...

20. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Wonderful. I can stop freakin' out & focus on my finals. Gratzi for the decisive action.

P.S. What?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.