• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Joint Concept Art & Short-Story Contest - TEAM MATCHMAKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
The following is a list of all users who have created a Team for THW's awexome Joint Contest! (MODS: feel free to incorporate this or whatever into the main thread, if you want)

Team NameWriterArtist

MaDO's
Kyrbi0Mad

Hemske and Hardy
ZzonehardyHemske

Cherry Blossom
don_svetlioGpgRally

We <3 Bernkastel
BernkastelBernkastel

Gunman
GunSlingerWolffman

The Quill-Brush
KeijiDaenar7

Paddle(s) Ball(s)
StalaggcrushyouTimejumper

Tyrael's Wings
Apheraz LucentMorbent

Anti-Social
AmberniteAmbernite

--

When you figure out who your partner is going to be and you're both decided, you can come up with a SFW name for your team (Doesn't have to be fancy, just for fun) and then tell me about your team! I'll add you to the list in this thread. It'll help me a lot for organizing and figuring stuff out later to have a complete list.

You can use this thread as a means to find team members or to advertise yourself to others. Please use the main Contest thread to discuss the rules, show WIPs, or do anything else Contest related.

The following is a table of people who have posted in this thread looking for a teammate:

Name
WriterArtist

Kyrbi0
default.aspx

Chen
??

Dat-C3
-
default.aspx

Mad
-
default.aspx

Zzonehardy
default.aspx
-

bethmachine
default.aspx
-

Hemske
-
default.aspx

don_svetlio
default.aspx
-

GpgRally
-
default.aspx

Bernkastel
default.aspx
default.aspx

Wolffman
default.aspx
-

Apheraz Lucent
default.aspx
-

Keiji
default.aspx
-

Traxamillion
default.aspx
-

GunSlinger
default.aspx
-

KrakkenStein
-
default.aspx

Daenar7
-
default.aspx

Timejumper
-
default.aspx

Stalaggcrushyou
default.aspx
-

Morbent
-
default.aspx

Archimonde supreme
default.aspx
-

Ambernite
??

--
----

(Credits to Rising_Dusk for the succinct set-up for this post)

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Updated first post.

Just a conspicuousness. Maybe it's not important to categorize a team in writer/artist.
As actually they could mixup their work and help each other in the other theme, just their names in the corresponding team would probably suffice.
I was about to say "NO WAI", but I checked the rules and apparently we can do that. Previous Team Contests usually stipulated that each team member should not be allowed to 'do' any of the work of the other team-mate (this, of course, did not extend to the whole "working as a team" that would imply & indeed require direct communication & interaction; sharing ideas, theorycrafting, comparing & critiquing, offering suggestions, etc; simply meant that if someone was a talented Writer & Artist, they shouldn't end up doing both jobs; the Writer should primarily/solely write, and the Artist should primarily/solely art (lol).

Not massively affected by it either way, but figured I should throw that out there. In which case yes, IcemanBo, it's entirely a formality to have labels. Just helps things be organized, I guess.

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Here's us, team name: "Cherry Blossom".

Level 35
Seems you can sign me and Daenar7 up as... Say... "The Quill-Brush"

I was thinking the "Killer Quill" but... That might exclude the art part.

Also, Mythic, I'm still having a hard time understanding what your
problem with the noticeboard text is. I can't really help you if I don't
know what you want me to do.

An epic Joint Contest: WarCraft IV: Atlas of Destruction is about to begin...! Prepare yourselves for the 1st of October!
Pair up with a concept artist or a writer and win delicious prizes in Joint Concept Art & Short-Story Contest!
Perhaps these be merged into:
An epic Joint Contest: WarCraft IV: Atlas of Destruction has begun! Pair up in the Matchmaking thread.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Keep it coming, people! We got 8 solid teams right now... But there's still plenty of you that need team-mates. Get talking!

So, morbent and I as a team. Under the name of "Tyrael's Wings" :)
I'm the writer, he's the artist :)
Good to hear, and nice name! :p

(Aw crap... I'm actually getting a bit scared, now. :<...)

Btw, why are there such set limits to "Class" (writer/artist)? Can't both do both :?
This was copy/pasted from the Wc3C Contests of the same style, where there were more strict rules about "who could do what". I re-read the rules & realized that was not the case for this Contest. Still, it's kept for simplicity & to just have easy labels. Doesn't constrain anyone.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Faking your death for attention seems to be the cool thing to do.
Unfortunately...

Thankfully, that wasn't the case with Apheraz; apparently it was merely a miscommunication. However, probably better for her to tell her story rather than me (I think her 'i'm back' thread is still around somewhere...).

//EDIT// - Any luck finding a partner?

Level 19
Unfortunately...

Thankfully, that wasn't the case with Apheraz; apparently it was merely a miscommunication. However, probably better for her to tell her story rather than me (I think her 'i'm back' thread is still around somewhere...).

//EDIT// - Any luck finding a partner?

I haven't been looking actively, so no. I'm really busy not sure if I would have the time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.