• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Overlap fade textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
[Solved] Overlap fade textures

I've got a camera with fade texture 'Haze And Fog'. But now I want another texture 'Black/White Mask' to overlap this. Right now, I have these 2 in a row, but when the Black/White Mask starts, the Haze And Fog disappears immediately, and then the other texture starts appearing.

How can I keep the Haze And Fog fade texture on while starting the Black/White Mask fade texture?

Last edited:
Level 18
Ok, this is the first time I've ever done anything with fog, so I need some help with that.
My camera is pointed straight down, and is hanging 100 above the ground. I've set the density to 0.01, and yet I still get a complete black screen. I've tried with high z-start/z-end and with low z-start/z-end. I've specificly changed the color to 50/50/50, so I notice the difference between the Haze And Fog and the fog of war.

I want the screen to go black gradually (so I assume I have to choose linear fog style). Can anyone tell me what settings I should apply?

Level 20
  • Fade
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 1.00 seconds using Normal blending on texture Haze And Fog, starting with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 100.00% transparency and ending with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 0.00% transparency
You can't have more than an one mask per a time.

Level 18
Same here :gg:
It's just way too much for me, and I'm able to do a lot with normal triggers, so I don't bother with JASS unless I need at a moment like this one.
Again: If anyone knows a JASS solution, please share. Reputation will be the reward :wink:

Level 8
Umm... it's a warcraft 3 limitation... JASS cannot overcome that.

I know JASS, and I know you can't have 2 fade filters with it.

EDIT: Ok basically, a fade filter is just a plane that's stretched across the camera, and by applying the fade filter, you're setting the texture, and changing the alpha (so usually it's alpha 0). So it's like you can't add another layer just with JASS (you'd have to do some modding too).

Level 8
Hmm... just had a thought... you could FAKE IT. You'd need a custom model, just a sphere, with normals pointing inwards, then have a periodic event trigger (around 0.05 seconds), moving the sphere to the camera's coordinates (and setting flying height to camera's z), then by manipulating the objects transparency.

Level 18
That would be way too much trouble in my opinion

Guess that's a problem solved for me then. Unfortunately not with a happy ending...
Thanks anyway.

If there are people who are interested in your way, LazyCoder, then they can just use this thread and you can provide them the info here.

Status
Not open for further replies.