• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Outland w/Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This is my first terrain (common words lately :) Its outland with some nice mushroom trees and a few skinned naga models of my own.

Any and all criticism welcome! Be brutally honest, I dont care how harsh you have to be to make my terraining skills better. Sry for the sloppy picture, other than WoW and wc3 im pretty computer illiterate

Attachments

• Terraining 01.bmp
    93.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Level 8
Ok lets try that again...JPEG files

Attachments

• Terraining 02.JPG
    Terraining 02.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Terraining 03.JPG
    Terraining 03.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 161
Level 1
Do you have shadows turned on? It looks shadowless aside from the destructibles. If they are not on, turn shadows and lighting on. Also, (if you have not) calculate shadows by going to File -> Calculate Shadows and Save Map. (Those rocks near the water look too bright for the surrounding, perhaps tone them down?)

I dont usually work with Outland at all, but I don't like the hill you made, which the creature is right next to. Try using tile variation on the rest of the terrain and different tiles on that hill. I also have to ask, water in Outland? Where did it come from?

Overall, the terrain is okay. It has some problems with it, and nothing that is very redeeming about it. The skinned naga there is not to my liking, as it is far too bright (though that may be just because of lighting).

Status
Not open for further replies.