• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

OT Spring Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Konichiwa.

I've decided to clean out a lot of replies consisting of nothing but a single video link.

To clarify the stance here: posting a video that's relevant to a topic is fine. Spamming a thread with every result YouTube has on the topic for days on end is not.

Merry Christmas.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
So, should we post a video once in a year on a thread so it won't be considered spamming?
If one happens to come across multiple videos on a topic and posts them, how is that spamming?
Spamming is something that has nothing to to with the topic and is intentionally done for advertising or other purposes.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Feelings don't play into it. You could talk all day long about whatever topic you want for all I care. Just as long as you're actually talking about it and are not just drowning out the thread with countless quasi-related videos. If people feel I'm wrong here, feel free to express it I guess. It just felt kind of stupid to have all active threads consist of thirteen pages of video content sharing with no actual interaction going on whatsoever.

Still sounds you did something to actively spite someone though.
I know you are the moderator ('janitor') of off-topic, but just working without heart is kinda sad.

No offence there and I had my fair share of bad beef with deepstrasz, but I don't think you should act like that because you feel offended or think someone might get offended.
If people get offended they will speak up.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] I've decided to clean out a lot of replies consisting of nothing but a single video link.

To clarify the stance here: posting a video that's relevant to a topic is fine. Spamming a thread with every result YouTube has on the topic for days on end is not. [...]
[...] If people get offended they will speak up.
@fladdermasken:

:mwahaha:

I can not see that Containment thread in Off-Topic, nor can I access it with its direct link.
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/deepstrasz-containment-thread.329550/

At the very least, this thread should imho be made visible and accessible for everybody.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I did not post anything on it. Therefore it would mean that someone has moved at least one of *my* own posts into *your* Containment thread??!

What an injustice! This is not fair! I am therefore demanding my own Containment thread!

So order yours today!
... I mean a Containment thread ofc, not Arnold's Broom, hehe.
:ogre_hurrhurr:

As for the link to the thread itself, you provided it in this Profile post.

Status
Not open for further replies.