1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Orpg Game

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Liklers, Aug 30, 2009.

1. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright i got it.So the first area i checked was the swamp.It was fine needs some improvmentbut fine.Then i cheked all the towns or camps,the NE one whit the war treants doesent need the woden walls, cuz its like if u put fotmen guarding a wall of skeletons know what im sayin?Then i got to the second camp NE camp and well.....yeah it kinda sucks.Then i saw the little camp next to the big NE camp,why are the buildings made out of mushrooms (draeni buildings) I mean thre's not even mushrooms in the swamp (use murlock huts or something)The furolbog village was nice.The normal woods need some improvment,the Villlage was wird because it has bouth humans and elfs?And what are those "rooms" jail?Why does the whaterfall drop ice?Also the farms are to big i mean just look at the size of the door and the size of the people.
    I got a good idea for that area to the eastern parts of the woods where there's some sort of corruption on the other side of the woods we could add the first instance!It will be an abandoned castle run by an evil DeathKnight and it will be full of undead (it gonna be like an interior leave it to me).Also the tilesets are to specific 5 tiles just for woods and swamps?We cant make a desert or snow land,we could hardly make a big town.

So thats my coment on the map tell me what to do.

P.S My editor is an older version that's not a problem right?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. TheHunterKiller

TheHunterKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, i could help testing.

3. Liklers

Liklers

Resources:
    Resources:
    troynl, your a beta tester.

azul, a little

darkmythic, me too

thehunterkiller,added

trolman, i was going to make you terrain it but i guess not since ur gona be gone. might as well get multigod to makespells

{EDIT}
    i might reterrain the whole thing to make it more realistic

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
  4. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    So ur planing to Terrain the whole thing... Do we have any idea what we're making??

5. Liklers

Liklers

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, i might just make a big city/ castle and then the terrain there off. if you want to add something naitsirk you can. What are your guys ideas.

The main charater in the story will be a king seeking redemption?

6. Troynl

Troynl

Resources:
    Resources:
    it was no for: Do we have any idea what we're making??

and for Liklers y i think it is a good idear to make the king the main quest giver (or People who help the king ofcorse) :p

7. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you mind taking care of instant messaging through private messages? This forum is not meant to be place to exchange addresses with everyone else.
    Here's an idea: send a private message to all your team members asking their e-mail, MSN and AOL addresses. Everyone else should do the same.

~Thread cleaned

8. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Man im bored!Liklers you didn do all the terrain by your self right cuz im very bored :slp: .

Edit 1 boring hour later:Ok thats it im starting my own map,but dont worry i will do the terrain for the orpg and I'll still be on the thread,in fact im gonna make the map just cuz i dont have anything better to do and dont worry my main job is the orpg maybe ill recrut you guys (if you guys want) after we finish the ORPG.

9. Troynl

Troynl

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I could but olny at terrain.I olnly played wc2 once and when i got to the level the orcs attack dun modar (yeah someting like that)i fell asleep and Deleted the game :pnewt:

11. Troynl

Troynl

Resources:
    Resources:
    well you can help me with details :grin:

12. Liklers

Liklers

Resources:
    Resources:
    trolman, go ahead and staart terrain. Im on vacation for a few days

13. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can make some Basic spells:) I'm a Fair spell maker i woud say so:) that's probelly my Most Used Place:)

14. Liklers

Liklers

Resources:
    Resources:
    progress?

15. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    On what?

16. GOT

GOT

Resources:
    Resources:
    i can be a beta tester, and im a very good brainstormer, so i have alot of idea. Also maybe<< i can desing the load screen

email at juleskng@yahoo.com

17. Liklers

Liklers

Resources:
    Resources:
    No.. its not [dead] i was on vacation but now im back

Ok GOT, it would be nice to have a loading screen. ill put you up as a beta tester

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
  18. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    but stilll... We got any idea for the Terrain?

19. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Waaaaait ohhhh sh#t well i'll start on it today from that map u sent me right?

20. Liklers

Liklers

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should start fresh and use WEU to make the map a few bigger and more tilesets then use Vjass editor