• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Origins - Taurens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
As most people may have noticed, Taurens do not have alot of lore behind them, so i thought it might be good to make up some lore through a campaign.

My basic story so far:
You play as Garn Stonehoof, a young tauren who is fighting in the war against the centaur, sometime before the arrival of the orcs. You fall, wounded in combat and after many hours, wake up to find your tribe in ruins from the centaurs destruction, you swear vengance on the centaurs. You meet a tauren mystic who shows you the past of the Taurens, and their future (with the orcs) you then, knowing the future of the taurens, set out to find and protect the ancestors of Cairne Bloodhoof. Meanwhile the centaurs are brought under one flag by a great leader and prepare to attack and destroy the tauren tribes, you discover this plan from a dieing centaur and set out to stop it by killing their leader and sending the centaur tribes into turmoil.

What does everyone think of the idea?

Level 17
Don't forget, Tauren fought in the War of the Ancients alongside the Furbolgs, Earthen and Night Elves.

Level 12
Taurens are my favorite race (as shown in my sig.)
There is one 'horrible' campaign here called Hoof of Honor.
Hopefully this is much better, and will create more lore for taurens. I suggest you Wow wiki them first before you instanly make up stuff. A nice campaign with taurens would be very nice.

Level 4
ok, cool, sounds like ill go ahead with it =)

and ive already wowwiki'd them, all its got is the war of ancients stuff as lore, and a little bit about the earthmother and their druidism, so basically nothing to work with, which leaves a whole world open for me =)

Level 4
ooh, yea, might hafta add him as the tauren mystic =P Although he may be a bronze dragon, not a tauren...

Level 4
well, tauren marine.. nice idea, but id prefer to keep the context in the true warcraft sense

Level 12
True, it would be bad if it jumps to the future. The world is not ready for you great idea yet stifler101. sorry!
The centuars must be super strong and hard to kill, because any creature than can kill a giant tauren, must be freakishly powerful.

Level 4
yea, definately gonna be hard to kill, im thinking about making the 1st level un-winnable...since you do lose...

Level 3
Hmm here's my 10 second story.

OK so you know of the Keepers of the Grove, right? How the centaur came from them and etc?

Well what if there were originally Stone Keepers as well. These were large, ancient tauren with stone growing out of them.

In ancient times, even before the Night Elves, the Keepers of the Grove and the Keepers of the Stone had a war because the Keepers of the Grove had falsely believed that the Keepers of the Stone weren't druids at all because they weren't blessed by the Green Dragon of the Emerald Dream, Ysera. The Keepers of the Grove - angered at the Keepers of the Stones' using of natural magics - ended up starting a war. This war became greater and greater until the Keepers of the Stone were wiped out - but not without their children. They left their children among the plains of the Barrens and the snow of Northrend - each developing in their own way. Now the Keepers of the Grove have realized their mistake and keep it behind them - in secret - and the children of both Keepers are now repeating history.

Level 4
V nice story idea, but since im a Blizz lore accurate person, it actually says that the keepers of the grove, centaurs and taurens were all created (or atleast fathered by) Cenarius, who won't show you (except mabye in the mystics showings,) but during this time they feel like the earthmother (their god) abandoned them, so they forsake druidism for until just after WC3, or just before WoW.

But a really good story, i could see it happening, and it would actually work quite well for a campaign in itself, but yea, id like to keep it blizz lore acurate as much as possible.

Level 3
Bah I had a feeling I was messing up lore - this is embarrassing for me because I've read tons of Blizz lore and I'm really into it - but eh Cenarius and them don't interest me much lol haven't read about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.