• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Order Strings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked all over and I haven't been able to find a complete list of all the order strings that are recognized by the World Editor, more specifically 'things that can be entered in "order string" fields'.

I know some of the more common ones are:

-attack
-stop
-move
-holdposition
-patrol
-smart

But aside from ability commands, are there any others?
And it may seem like a silly question, but what exactly does "Smart" do?
Is it just ordering a unit to get to a certain point in the easiest and smartest way possible? Maybe just the order for "Right-click"?

I'm fairly sure "smart" is just the order for right-click, as you thought.
Just go create a trigger called orders, and paste this in there;

JASS:
function Trig_orders_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer order = GetIssuedOrderId()
    call BJDebugMsg(GetUnitName(GetOrderedUnit()) + " has been ordered " + OrderId2String(order)+ " ("+I2S(order)+")")
endfunction

function InitTrig_orders takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(t, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_TARGET_ORDER )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(t, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_POINT_ORDER )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(t, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_ORDER )
    call TriggerAddAction(t, function Trig_orders_Actions)
endfunction

It should help you test any orders you need, in a descriptive way.
But I think the list you provided is the gist of it.

Level 19
And it may seem like a silly question, but what exactly does "Smart" do?
Is it just ordering a unit to get to a certain point in the easiest and smartest way possible? Maybe just the order for "Right-click"?

Any order given with the right-mouse-button is a "smart" order.

For example, if you right click to move, this is a smart order. If you right-click on a unit, first thing is a smart order, then when the unit reach the selected unit, it will be ordered to "patrol".

Just go create a trigger called orders, and paste this in there;

(jass field)

It should help you test any orders you need, in a descriptive way.
But I think the list you provided is the gist of it.
What is that supposed to do? I think my answer may be found a bit easier hopefully lol. Refer below for my explaination.

You meant "follow" for allies and "attack" for enemies. ;)

Patrol is actually the command that a unit is performing when following.

And thanks a lot guys. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
I wonder if smart attacks enemies on the way to it's destination. Similar to what Attack-move does?
I know right-click doesnt, but it would make sense if smart did.

Also, I was wondering what all the commands were mainly because I'm using an order-string to reset units.
A simple explaination:

Event - every 5-7 seconds

Action - If a unit's current order is Order(Stop), then make it return to its guard position.

The trigger is essentially more than that, but I was simplifying it for explainatory purposes.

So an idle unit's order is actually "Stop"?

Status
Not open for further replies.