• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orcs & Humans Legends begin v1.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
my first map. in Warcraft 1
Red: Blackrock Clan
Purple: Twillight Hammer
Green: Bleeding Hollow
Pink: Shadow Council
Gray:Black Tooth Grin and Other clans (Dark Portal)
Vs
Blue: Stormwind
Teal: Brotherhood of Horses
Yellow: Holy Order of Northshire
Orange: Boarder Guards
Light Blue: Reinforcements from The North

Special Tanks to Saphire for income Trigger
and Eagle for Player left the game trigger.

Models and spells and things like that:Models:frostwolf, General Frank, HappyTauren, Urkdrengi ,Ket, Zin-Creator, T.J. , darklord_avalon, Tauer, -BerZeKeR-,Illidan(Evil)X

Keywords:
Warcraft 1, Orcs, Humans, Legend, Control posts, Strategy.
Contents

Orcs & Humans Legends begin v1.6 (Map)

Reviews
17:01, 8th May 2009 by bounty hunter2: The terrain is horrible, the description aswell. It misses some resource crediting. The tooltips are poorly and horribly made, the hotkeys are missing, the spells are regular, the game is quite boring and...

M

17:01, 8th May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
The terrain is horrible, the description aswell. It misses some resource crediting. The tooltips are poorly and horribly made, the hotkeys are missing, the spells are regular, the game is quite boring and unoriginal, Rejected.

Level 1
Orcs & Humans Legends begin v1.5 Fix
>>I started the map in single player with all slots filled with computer players except mine. I got a lot of heroes to control but I was lost as to what is the gameplay in the map. Could you place some in the map?
>>There are typing mistakes. Like in the name of one of the players & in the quest menu.
>>Can I skip the first messages? You have placed credits in the quest menu so I don't think there is need for credits when the game starts.
>>In the spirit lodge the training are of Warlock but description is for other units. There is same problem for many abilities.
>>What is the use of control posts?
>>I start near Blackrock Fortress. How do I get out of the place?
>>There is a timer going on. What is it for? "Seconds Until ne"---what does that mean?
>>The terrain can use improvements. At many places you have made terrain of same height & lacking doodads.
>>What is income sorce? How do I increase it?
>>No AI so it was had no fun factor in single player. The fun factor was spoiled due to lack of info & storyline too.
>>Place some description of the gameplay in the details of the map alongwith the credits.

Many questions arose in my mind which were left unanswered.

For the current state my rating : 2/5 but no vote for approval because there was too low description of the gameplay.

Level 5
>>I started the map in single player with all slots filled with computer players except mine. I got a lot of heroes to control but I was lost as to what is the gameplay in the map. Could you place some in the map?
--it is a multiplayer map the computer doesn't know how it works because there are no gold mines or trees to cut.
>>There are typing mistakes. Like in the name of one of the players & in the quest menu.
--Y sorry my english isn't very good and i don't see every thing i type wrong.
>>Can I skip the first messages? You have placed credits in the quest menu so I don't think there is need for credits when the game starts.
-- Oke i make the intro less long
>>In the spirit lodge the training are of Warlock but description is for other units. There is same problem for many abilities.
-- I build this map with Normal WE it is a lot work there to change all these things but i am gonne change it.
>>What is the use of control posts?
--control posts are for gold income the more posts you get the more gold you get every minute.
>>I start near Blackrock Fortress. How do I get out of the place?
--There are 2 waygates who look like rocks in blackrock mountain.
and if you wanna open a gate type: '-open' it will open after 10 seconds
(did that so people can't fast open and close the gates when it is under attack.)
>>There is a timer going on. What is it for? "Seconds Until ne"---what does that mean?
-- Seconds Until nekst Income. thats the time when you get gold income from your control posts at the start it is 85 for horde and 85 for alliance.
>>The terrain can use improvements. At many places you have made terrain of same height & lacking doodads.
-- gonne work on that.
>>What is income sorce? How do I increase it?
-- Control posts.
>>No AI so it was had no fun factor in single player. The fun factor was spoiled due to lack of info & storyline too.
-- i don't know how to use Jass and if i knew it, it is very hard to script AI. a lot maps doesn't have AI. those maps are online maps or Lan.
>>Place some description of the gameplay in the details of the map alongwith the credits.
--hmm k.

Troynl

5/5/09 v1.6

Last edited:
Level 14
Okay here's my Review
Originality: Orcs & Humans Legends is another mass control map. from what i've seen there are plenty of custom material used, the spells however has flaws, spotted very few custom spells, it looks like random spells from war3 was just given to random heroes. custom models however has a high ratio.

Balancing: The map has lots of heroes, but they lack alot. Spells, attack and stats are very unbalanced. some units have random spells like the demolishers have the burning oil ability? also the units aren't really custom.

Terrain: Okay the terrain of this map was average. has lots of empty spots, and lacks tile variations. also some doodads like shrub and flowers can be placed. Atleast its not flat :xxd:

Lag: Well my pc isnt really outdated so i had absolutely no lag at all. but yes, its a big map, so i suppose some pc's might experience some lag issues.

Bugs: Battle Roar LvL 1 - Says it gives 10 attack damage, but it gives 20? also some spelling mistakes and the tooltips lacks alot. hotkeys also aint working so well.

Initial Impression: Well the 1st thing that catches your attention when you start this map will be the enormous amount of custom material used. I gotta say its good to see people making use of the material this site provides. Only thing i strongly suggest is get some more custom spells in your map.

Originality: 12\30
Balancing: 12\30 (abilities are just randomly given)
Fun factor: 3\10 (it gets boring real quick, needs more work.)
Terrain: 2\10 (terrain lacks doodads\tiles.)
Lag: 5\10
Rough Edges: 3\5
Initial Impression: 2\5

Final Rating: 38\100 [2/5] {Lacking}

Final Comment: Has potential, but needs alot of polishment and custom material [spells]

If you have any questions of the above or don't agree, please pm me.

Last edited: