• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Life of a Peasant] Orchish Frontiers(FOTN Inspired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Orchish Frontiers(FOTN Inspired) [Continous Updates]

:witch_doc_sad:HELL-O 2019 (its been 2 years)
(Expect Terrain Updates then Triggers then adding Hive Assets and basically making the "Game")

I was inspired by FOTN. The game psyched me to create a new map that allows you to control Orc Founders that can build new towns in a dangerous frontier.

The map is based on a new planet that the orcs have migrated in due to the annoying pressure of the alliance and other threats in Azeroth. The orcs used a portal that leads to a land similar to Kalimdor.

Anyway since i'm just getting started with the story. I don't really know where to start there.

The gameplay is hard to develop due to my level 0.5 triggering skills i'm totally lost

I do know how to think up a story and terrain a little but i want to make this idea whole even if it doesnt end up as popular as FOTN.

The theme is not even a problem. Because Orcs have Kodos, Shaman magic and a collection of other races.

As of December 2019

Map at 85%
Units:62%
Terrain:85%
Doodads and Destructibles:70%
Triggers:45%
Dungeons:2%
Techtree:35%
FOTN-like systems:35%

Current Ideas

1.Gathering Regents and Fishing.
2.Advanced Hunting-Skinning, Butchery
3.Living NPC factions
4.Exile Sanctuaries that allow the recruitment of Uncommon and expensive troops
5.Festivals
6.In game Calendar
7.Advanced Siege Warfare and Garrisoning

Wolf Stables
Herd-able/Ride able Kodo for grunts
Herd-able Pigs
Herd-able Fel Pigs(Sells better but requires expensive permit from a city to unlock)
Chickens....

Gnolls and Worgen Sell Building plans and their architecture are widely used in the south.

Wandering Thunder Lizards wild beast with ranged attacks Can be hunted for bones,skin and blood
Wandering Dune worms that destroy crops and damage buildings Can be hunted for skin
Wandering Bears(will be like FOTN wolves but more powerful) Can be hunted for fur
Wandering Scorpions Rarer than all creatures above Can be hunted for valuable Carapace
These monsters sound powerful but WE ARE ORCS so we'll be fine

2 major Towns (Items can be sold here and permits)
1 Goblin trade encampment (sells Dragon-riding permit and Zeppelin tech)
Libraries that sell books to tell the lore of the land

Hard wooden walls
Very expensive building upgrades
Expensive Watchtowers

Hard dungeons with strange bosses

Brown Phoenix Sightings

If Founder dies he becomes A Fel Bringer

wild animal poop can be mined at several regions Saltpeter alternative (LOL)

Orc Explorer a special expensive unit with 4 bag slots and can level up like you're Frontiersman but cannot be resurrected (only 1 allowed)

Calamities

Burning Legion Invasion Exactly what it means
Fel plague Turns Random Citizens into berserk Fel
Dranei Invasion Exactly what it means

THESE IDEAS NEED TRIGGERS and i am not at that level yet.
Triggers like ai spawn,item stack and Stat is equal to ability damage

full

FACTIONS

Neutral Passive Gray: Mog Hal Dynasty Colonies

Gameplay

The Mog Hal Dynasty have a strong influence in the desert mountains. They have Outposts on key locations that protect important resource areas that hold important strategic materials. They are willing to sell their own lands for founders willing to pay for what they ask for. They sell permits and deeds that concern breeding fel pigs, shaman rights and most importantly Mountain forts. The North allows you access to grow-able Cactus that ridiculously slow but sell ridiculously high.

They are famous for rough dirt roads that cover the north desert it is convenient for them to lat them out because of their rough feet
but to the goblins these are traveling hindrances due to having less wander lust than the Orcs and would rather use Zeppelins as trade transportation. The Mog Hal Dynasty are at poor relations with the Goblin Trade Empire(GTE) but not to the point of declaring war however Orc founders may trigger a conflict between the 2 coalitions.

History
The Orcs were thought to have been a group of separate clans fighting one another for dominance both in Azeroth and Outland, of course they would honor the past and make it a mark to remember their strength for generations to come. The Orc chief Mog Hal of the Gree Nand clan wanted a history to be rewritten in a truly united Horde and so he and his clan broke from the horde and other minor clans joined him as well.

The Gree Nand were the first to enter the portal and were blessed with spreading their glory on their own little world until the Original Horde arrived soon after.

Population:
70% Orc
20% Troll
10% Tauren

SPECIAL MERCENARY: Mountaineer

221114-albums8189-picture98543.png

Neutral Passive Dark Green: Colonial States of Thrallgor

Gameplay
The People of Thrallgor are a united people despite racial differences. The South provides more types of plants that are cheaper and grow faster than the ones in the north but have average selling prices. There are more independent clans in the south and are richer than some clans in the north however when asked for help they are more likely to give resources than troops.

These People are famous for their farming system and military offensive making them rival the Mog Hal dynasty's Animal herding and fortifications. The States of Thrallgor sell Mammoth herding rights, Troll Immigration and Powerful Medicine planting Permit(Drugs).

History
The Orcs of Thrallgor or more formally the Horde of Azeroth have been trying to preserve the balance of the world but with each war with the alliance the overall existence of the orcs weakened as a savage war-like race. The Orcs got so sick of these wars that they urged Thrall to follow Mog hal into the portal.

They entered the portal 30 years after the arrival of the Gree Nand and migrated into the wetlands of the planet. The people of Thrallgor attempted to take the north but failed and are currently at a ceasefire with the Mog Hal Dynasty

Population
Orc 50%
troll 10%
Tauren 10%
goblin 10%
Gnoll 10%
elf 9%
Human 1%
Naga 0.1%

SPECIAL MERCYNARY: Gnoll Snapdragon Riders

SCREENIES

NPC VILLAGE
221114-albums8189-picture98548.png

Pass of Kal Dal-Major battleground between Mog Hal Dynasty and Burning Legion [Fallout New Vegas inspired Grand Canyon]
221114-albums8189-picture98612.png

Stuff Added:
Dog Raising For Grunt Mount
Upgrading method for Units
Lumber-Gold Exchange
Finally Chickens generate income and i might add more that generate Income (worried about this for 2 years like an Idiot)
Only Elite mounted are allowed to be given items
Units that can use mounts will not have hero inventory.

Currently working:
Diverse Tech trees
Growing Plants
Balancing Creature Spawn

Update:I will add an Open Source Map for anyone who wants the terrain or just want to review the geography of the Map

Will Rep for help

1.triggers concerning spawn-DONISH(Its not interesting)
2.abilities acquired through achievements
3.Wildlife spawns migrate
4.dungeons only available at night
spawning system for dungeons
5.Line of sight and Moves speed lowered at night
6.ability attached to item causes certain monsters to killed to drop items
7.Merchantry in FOTN
8.Fishing system
9.Chickens like the ones in FOTN generate gold- DONE
10.Villagers available only on day- DONE
11.Summoning with sacred scrolls (FOTN)
12.Interacting with towns
13.Make Barrens- Dark Dessert unbuidable

WITH UPGRADES from World editor coming. I can see a 480x480 map size or 360x360.

I HAVE RELEASED THE MAP TEMPLATE......
It has minuscule triggers and custom models.... I HAVE <NOT> credited the creators of the models with that said the size of map has increased by a bit.

You are free to use the map however you want.
If you just want to take a look at it and just look at its features feel free to leave a review on this thread.

NOTE:this DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE GIVEN UP ON THE MAP and i will update it as soon as i can.

CREDITS
-coming soon

Update 5/15/2017: I have been trying to update the unit variations and Weapon tactics to maximize the use of units....instead of triggering......to make the game as balanced as possible in combat or outside of it building a great economy to maintain a powerful fighting force.

As of now i will implement the advantages of having Shaman in you're armies. Magic can indeed be overpowered

1.If anyone is reading this would you help me or will you tell you're friends about it...I am basically working on this alone but i gotta give credit to those who helped me before.

2.What Kind of Unit do you want your Character to marry/Bro up with? (Credits to FOTN)

AS OF JULY
*Orcs now spawn in Villages on daytime and despawn at night
*First Goblin Trade Route Established
*Wild Life have basic behaviour
*added new Animal Jarra Turtle
*Added Infantry variety
*Added Basic Unit EXP system getting attacked/attacking levels up skills(All credit goes to FOTN)
*Fishing system Added
*Fixed Arena Overall Look due to Engine Limitation

AS OF December 1 2019
Added a basic arena System
Tweaking Terrain and perfecting It
The File has been updated a bit for editing still has the same name though

Attachments

• Orc Frontiers 2.w3x
    3 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I loved FOTN and I'd kill nything to play another game like that. Let me know if you need any help with triggers, spells, and stuff (not 2D art and models)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Terraining ? There are loads of tutorials on this site that have helped in triggers, terrains, object edits and what not in the past... Be sure to take a look at the terrain and general mapping under tutorials section.

Level 4
I am merely confused but as of right now i am building the NPC cities and various interactions in the map in a most amateur way

Last edited:
Level 21
I'm a bit busy the next few days so if you want you can send me the map or screenshots of it in a few days and i could give you tips on how to improve the terrain

Good luck and have fun :D

Level 1
Hello, I am Sajira, The person who posts on the FOTN fanpage on Facebook. or some of you might even know me as Dakota, im not sure whos lookin at this page right now. The bottom line is, i support this, Please message me either on the FOTN facebook page, or more preferably on my steam "sajira". i will be afk for about a hour, but i would love to help you with this.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Good ! So wheres the screenshots ?

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Good... PM me the pastebin link... I will test it and give you a review of the pros cons and what needs improvements... If I find any bugs I will fix the triggers and resend.

Level 4
The map does NOT have official triggers yet.

If you want to fix it. Please help me with
1.units that generate gold(chickens)
2.bears and other creatures do not need to use wander ability and spawn like FOTN monsters
3.furs that drop via item ability

i have not completed the southern part of the map.

Help me with initializing the starting units of players :)

Attachments

• Orc Frontier.w3x
    196.8 KB · Views: 121
Level 5
ok, I got a working trigger for the chickens, it was pretty easy to do tho...

EVENTS:
Time - Every *THENUMBER.YOUWANT* Seconds of Game Time

CONDITIONS:

ACTIONS:
- Player Group - Pick every player in (all players) and do (actions):
- - Loop Actions:
- - - Player - Add ((Number of living chicken owned by (picked player)) + *THENUMBERYOUWANT*) to (picked player) current gold

This should work, as it did for me on my map.

Level 5
I have a growing system for the crops on my map if you want it. (It's basic, but I'll update it so it makes the plants grow hp per hp incase of 10% at a time.)

It's on the demo#1 of my map. (It's not protected for now.)

Level 8
Maps terrain is good, but needs improvements. Sometimes it is just plain sand and cliffs, it makes the game look boring. But sometimes it looks great. All those buildings, trees and decorations really gives me that orcish feeling. I suggest that you add more tiles other than sand and add some stuff to the places that look plain in the map. (And no, I am not talking about the lower part of the map. I am talking about the upper part.)

About the triggers, I guess I wont be able to do most of these. But dude, you SHOULD learn basic triggers if you want to make this map. I am not a good triggerer but I know triggers more than you. It is acutally very easy. You can have help from the trigger masters out there, but you should learn at least the basics of triggers.

I wish you good luck on your map, and please add an Infernal boss for me :)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

So I did a complete terrain review and some rejigs to the triggers and doodad placement.
I've DMed you a word document detailing the corners where this map lacks, and how you can improve them.

Attachments

• Orc Frontier.w3x
    205.2 KB · Views: 88
Level 4
You almost made me cry with the awesomeness you have bought upon me. :) thanks!
i will learn triggering but school might take my mind off it. Thanks again

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

The previous system was single player supported and had some leaks and bugs. The new system (updated) is easier to modify and is more advanced. I'll send it by tomorrow.

Level 4
I am sorry for not being able to update the past 3 days you know college stuff....hehehe. Still have to make portfolio.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

No. Systems in JASS keep crashing the edito. Trying to make it GUI right now. I'll do the jass ones later.

Level 4
Maps terrain is good, but needs improvements. Sometimes it is just plain sand and cliffs, it makes the game look boring. But sometimes it looks great. All those buildings, trees and decorations really gives me that orcish feeling. I suggest that you add more tiles other than sand and add some stuff to the places that look plain in the map. (And no, I am not talking about the lower part of the map. I am talking about the upper part.)

About the triggers, I guess I wont be able to do most of these. But dude, you SHOULD learn basic triggers if you want to make this map. I am not a good triggerer but I know triggers more than you. It is acutally very easy. You can have help from the trigger masters out there, but you should learn at least the basics of triggers.

I wish you good luck on your map, and please add an Infernal boss for me :)

Lol dude been 2 years but i will make infernal boss for you...since the map is rebooted.

Level 1
The layout of the map looks nice. Are you planning on releasing a beta or more screenshots any time soon? There's not much to go off of in the thread.

Level 4
The layout of the map looks nice. Are you planning on releasing a beta or more screenshots any time soon? There's not much to go off of in the thread.

You know back when I was In college. I kept making attempts to make this map better. But progress has been made. Right now I am fixing up the Arena system. I don't know how to do Cutscenes though. If you are aiming for a good warcraft Map that is finished and polished I'd recommend Founders of the North by Shade Gabriel and some other dude.

I also plan to upload a new map version that is for map editing.

Level 1
You know back when I was In college. I kept making attempts to make this map better. But progress has been made. Right now I am fixing up the Arena system. I don't know how to do Cutscenes though. If you are aiming for a good warcraft Map that is finished and polished I'd recommend Founders of the North by Shade Gabriel and some other dude.

I also plan to upload a new map version that is for map editing.
That's exciting to hear

As for FOTN I'm already familiar with it. I assume you also know Northrend Bound, but aside from that there are two other comparable maps called Medieval Villagers and Lords of Middle Earth. I know Medieval Villagers is open source so there might some mechanics in there that interest you (unless you already knew about it).

Level 2
Is this still being worked on? I would love to play a monstly fniished functioning map, None of these maps ever get finished....

Status
Not open for further replies.