• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb of Depths ({[REMADE]}) v.1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Imnotprol
Orb of Depths [REMADE] v 1.2

Creates a tiny little water orb to a certain location. Orb will grow to bigger and bigger until it has its max size. Enemy units around the orb are suffered by slow and they take damage over time. All dead enemyes in area of orb (including corpses!!) Get liquified form and transforms to as waterelementals and lives for short time for caster. After the certain time of orb has been casted, it loses its powers and disapears.

This doesn't have any skins or models imported.

Keywords:
Naga, Water, Ice, DPS, Area, Transform, slow, assist, Growing
Contents

Orb of depths (Map)

Reviews
15:45, 6th Oct 2009 TriggerHappy187: Change how long the spell lasts (as well as make the cooldown longer). Currently it's spammable. Also change the hotkey color, you can barely see it. I'm really debating whether or not to improve this...

M

15:45, 6th Oct 2009
TriggerHappy187:

Change how long the spell lasts (as well as make the cooldown longer). Currently it's spammable. Also change the hotkey color, you can barely see it.

I'm really debating whether or not to improve this spell, it's so simple visually (and boring).

Hanky:
I found some points that have to be improved:
- the trigger finish is just senseless
- don't use waits like this even if it's GUI
- use a more effective indexing system
- why not making growing and damage one trigger?

That's all I found for now. If you have fixed those points message me or one of the other spell moderators.

Level 13
Well its MUI now :D I finally got my computer back but i dont just know that are indexes accepted :C
I will review it...
EDIT:As you say, it isn't mui...
I could change the TURN-ON-OFF TRIGGERS, cause they SUCKS.
  • Set Damagepoint[index[2]] = (Position of orb[index[2]])
This point leaks.

When you summon more orbs at twice, it doesn't work (only "graphically" works)...

Try to resolve it, it will be great...

Your using 0.01 as your timer interval, change it to anything above 0.02.

Your also destroying udg_unitgroup, inside of the unit group. Move it outside.

Using waterelement in it's current state is not MUI, give it an index just like the rest of the variables for the cast. Currently it will get overwritten.

Every time I casted it, it did no damage it just made the units slow.

Also the effect is pretty boring, just a small orb growing in size.

Also in your import instructions you tell the users to copy over all the variables, then triggers. You do know there is an option in the world editor to automatically create variables when pasting unknown trigger data, right?

Level 5

Your also destroying udg_unitgroup, inside of the unit group. Move it outside.

Using waterelement in it's current state is not MUI, give it an index just like the rest of the variables for the cast. Currently it will get overwritten.

Every time I casted it, it did no damage it just made the units slow.

Also the effect is pretty boring, just a small orb growing in size.

Also in your import instructions you tell the users to copy over all the variables, then triggers. You do know there is an option in the world editor to automatically create variables when pasting unknown trigger data, right?

Ugh sorry im littlebit in rust bit i'll check this out :D I dont still know why your casting doesnt work... it works perfectly when i try it

Mayby its becouse i failed the update once and puted veeery old version of it and you dl:ed it then... Dl it again and it might work.

Level 3
I have just tested it and the damage per second was triggered only during the very 1st cast, after that it did only slowing stuff. Also no minions spawned upon death of the enemy unit inside the orb. Can't say anything about what's wrong in triggers, cause i'm a beginner in coding... but i'm following this thread to get a bit more advanced. greetz
Btw, looking at the triggers, don't you have to set variables in first place and then let actions loop? Or it doesn't matter that much.

Level 3

you don't need to change the timer interval, it's only have a simple problem. look the init trigger of the spell. him call the Final Trigger in the front of the damage and growing, just move those trigger to the third else action of damage and put a wait of 8.00 seconds, and the timer puts aways 0.01 to right work of the spell