• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Operation Harguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Operation Harguard is a map i've wanted to do for awhile, but i have very few time to work on it and i decided to work on it last week. It was good, except for the terrain! It SUCKED a lot.

So what the map is about is a team of elite soldiers were sent to a forest that has had many disappearances and murders. So the soldiers look around the forest and find something that they didn't expect. They found man eating aliens that are slowly reproducing and spreading quickly in the forest.

So I decided that the game play will have two teams, the humans and aliens. There will be five heroes on each team all with different abilities. The aliens will raise armies or assassinate the humans while the humans will attempt at killing the aliens and free the forest. So both teams will kill each other until they capture three teleporting capture points. Whichever teams captures all the points first and then finishes off the other team wins.

So for this project i need at least three or four people.
-I absolutely need a terrainer. (That's the whole reason i made this thread.)
-I need a grammar checker.
-And anyone who would like to test the map.
Please contact me if you would like to help or if this idea is terrible. :)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
If you want people to get interested you might want to be way more informative. Basically when I see someone write "I wanna make a ORPG, can someone help me?!" I just leave the thread because that project will never finish.

If there isn't a proper layout with information and such then I wont even read through it (most of the time). In your case I actually did since yours is somewhere inbetween. But good terrainers are a rare breed and you might need to take drastic actions to get one to work for you (looking at you Heinvers!). So you kinda need to attract those few terrainers and doing it with a short description without any bb codes is not the way to go.
Don't take this too negative, just saying why you might get very few replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.