• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Opening a Map that was used with UMSWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I seem to be encountering an issue slightly touched upon in this sub, where I just cannot open any of my maps since I used UMSWE on them. I was hoping you could direct me to a way I could access them again. Is there just no way I can open them, since even WEX won't work? Pretty crazy to think so if that is true. Thanks a lot in advance.

Level 6
Procedure I did was open it in UMSWE, keep removing UMSWE only stuff (like special triggers - those are most likely breaking it), until the map is loadable in both WEX or even normal World Editor (vanilla).

No conversion tool available unfortunately.

Level 7
Kinda like what Donach said - keep your eye on the error messages you get when you open the map, they're most likely caused by UMSWE only triggers being used in your map. When you're in trigger editor usually the "tooltip" of the trigger has a brief explanation and [UMSWE] in it. Try removing those.

Level 5
If you give me your map I can test on it. Essentially my code converts every WEU-specific trigger action to the equivalent Custom Script action.
Sure thing. Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments

• LOTR The Ring Wars v19o Unprotected.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
  • LOTR The Ring Wars v20.2.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 233
Level 29
The map uses DestroyTrigger many times, which is a non-issue, however it also uses IsUnitOwnedByPlayer in a condition.
This is a Jass native, so it cannot be recognized by GUI, but my code also can't convert it to custom script because you can't have custom script in events or conditions.
I am not sure what to do in this case, the only automated resolution is to change the whole trigger to Jass.

/edit
Actually there was a second set of transformations that are supposed to try and convert Jass natives to their equivalent in GUI if there is any.
In this case it could be replaced with:
  • (Owner of (Some Unit)) Equal to Some Player
Adding them back will probably solve most of the issues left, but I need to know more about how triggers work.

Last edited:
Level 5
The map uses DestroyTrigger many times, which is a non-issue, however it also uses IsUnitOwnedByPlayer in a condition.
This is a Jass native, so it cannot be recognized by GUI, but my code also can't convert it to custom script because you can't have custom script in events or conditions.
I am not sure what to do in this case, the only automated resolution is to change the whole trigger to Jass.

/edit
Actually there was a second set of transformations that are supposed to try and convert Jass natives to their equivalent in GUI if there is any.
In this case it could be replaced with:
  • (Owner of (Some Unit)) Equal to Some Player
Adding them back will probably solve most of the issues left, but I need to know more about how triggers work.
Any updates on the progress on this? Thanks again.

Level 29
It is not complete yet, but at this point it already supports your maps and others.
There is no notice so far saying that GUI was replaced by other GUI, a comment saying so is only added for custom scripts, but if you look you'll see the condition I mentioned a few times.

I did see it fails to load two resources. Check if that's something on your side or mine, because these maps were also saved with my own MPQ code that has not been tested enough yet.

Attachments

• LOTR The Ring Wars v19o Unprotected_no_weu.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • LOTR The Ring Wars v20.2_no_weu.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Upd. Passed when I conveerted Init Adv Triggers into custom script

But there is another issue. When The map is opened in new WE - custom WEU functions become invalid. Is there any solution?
for example

Line 9104 :function TributeGold takes player Commander, player Comp, integer res_amount returns nothing

Line 9277 :function Commander takes nothing returns nothing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.