• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

can someone share a .zip with a UMSWE-enabled-JNGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey Guys,

I was very unlucky and had to delete my JNGP version.

Upon re-installing the pack, I get that "cannot start plugin" UMSWE related error, which appears as "Could not extract UI\WorldEditStrings.txt/Could not find UI\WorldEditStrings.txt in the warcraft mpqs" error, after deleting Grimoire from the windows 7/8 registry, before reinstalling JNGP 207.

I also tried all other versions of JNGP, that I could find, including the newes 209.

image of the error:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/6a81ab992e8e4fcf2e4fa860556133b16570/

I need to open a map of mine, which uses one function from UMSWE, but now, that I cannot enable UMSWE anymore, I cannot open the map.

please help

can someone, that is able to use UMSWE on his JNGP WE, make a .zip of his JNGP and share this one with me?

Alternativly, is it possible to remove that function (e.g. FirstOfGroup) from that map without having to open the map in any WE?

It is very important for me to be able to open this map and delete this function, because otherwise a lot of work will be lost.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Emm-A-

Level 14
Thanks, IcemanBo, I found a way to partially fix it.

There is still some UMSWE content in that map, but I cant find it. It only says literally nothing in the error window now instead of the former UMSWE FirstOfGroup. Are you able to find out, what is still wrong there? I send you the map via PN ..

I hope, this will help others, that have the same strange umswe errors:

On my laptop, cleaning the whole registry of wc3 worked out. I could open the map with the newest JNGP again. It did not work yet to clean the map from all UMSWE traces though.

Cleaning the wc3 registry is easy by installing umswe from the hive:
- install umwse (latest version). It probably will not install properly or end with an error message.
- open wc3 config exe, that comes along.
- in the upper menu, press "clean wc3 registry"
- after removing every trace (also delete grimoire entry in current user in registry), I restarted the computer.
- You may delete umwse after that and just use the newest JNGP to reopen your map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.