• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Jass NewGen Pack UMSWE Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been updated pretty well. It is fine to use.

Just don't use the functions under the [Compatibility] category. Those are just for maps that had previously used them so that those maps can be opened.

Just note that you shouldn't use those functions in public resources (e.g. spells/systems to submit to the hive) and (not 100% positive, I don't recommend it though for compat. reasons) note that particular functions may make your map unopenable by anyone who doesn't have UMSWE enabled. ;)

If you want more info, PitzerMike wrote great documentation of it. Just check in jassnewgenpack\umswe\UMSWEmanual.html

Last edited:
Level 21
Why don't you create your own custom GUI actions and use one which does nothing somewhere in your triggers. That would be a better protection.

I'm not using them for protection, it's just an added benefit. If I ever made my own GUI actions, then I'd make them for doing things that otherwise can't be done in GUI.

Speaking of which, how could I create actions? I remember it being complicated.

Level 21
^does UMSWE work well with that Edit?

That's a basic edit, actually. It doesn't break anything as long as you don't input some crap into the files. And if you do, then you can just delete the crap and try(die) again.
Atm I copied the UMSWE and RtC stuff from JNGP 1.5d to 1.5e, so now things work out nice.

EDIT: Diabolical mistake. And yay, blue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.