• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jass newgen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey people!
It's been a long time since I made a new thread.
Aanyway,
I'm trying to add more tiles (13+) using jass newgen.
However when I click Extensions->Edit Tilesets nothing happens.
Should I enable UMSWE, or should I check Enable Local files or something else?
Help is appreciated.

Level 23
I dont know if you need umswe enabled, but what you are doing wrong probably is that you save the map before closing.

The process is as such: You open Extensions dropdown menu, click on "Edit Tileset", select tilesets of your choice, and then the map saves for you(this is the reason why you cant do it on map that was not saved so far).

Then you are meant to unload the map(by either going File -> Close map, or closing editor) and after you reload it will have the tilesets there

Level 24
This problem occurs with me as well...
I have used this tool before which worked but now I tested it again and have the same problem as DESTROYER123.

The problem is that when I click on Edit Tilesets, nothing happens, so no window where I can change the tilesets and no other things happening.

This should occur when you try to use it on a map that hasnt got a place in your hard drive (a map that has never been saved).
When you save the map and then open it, it should work. (Does not always work as far as I can see.)

Level 14
PurgeandFire, tried it a 1000 times, will try it again. Who knows?

Wietlol, truth is, I have saved the map in my front screen (desktop) not in my HD...
But can I put it in a folder in my HD now? Maybe the map won't open from there.. Or it will?

Do you get a lua editor when you open up the editor?

First, be sure that you have antiviruses disabled and reinstall JNGP. Some of them (e.g. Avast) will quarantine the files and prevent them from working.

Look through this thread and see if things will work out for you:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/new-gen-world-editor-broken-267374/

Otherwise, go directly to the JNGP folder/grimex/ and run the tilesetter.exe and see if anything pops up. Sometimes Windows OS will prevent a file from opening externally without your permission--and the way grimoire opens programs can interfere with Windows default security measures, causing no pop up/window/error or anything.

More people have been getting this issue as of late, so I imagine it is a Windows 8 thing. If you're stuck, just make a request thread and choose the tiles you want your map to have. Someone with a working JNGP can add the tiles for you and send the map back.

Level 11
Before you can use the Tile Editor extension, you have to make sure you are using a custom tileset and not a standard one (Check the little box in Modify Tileset).

After you have a custom tileset you can access the tile editor.
Then after you add/remove your tiles and hit OK, just close the map and re-open. Don't save the map again after you add your tiles or it won't work.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Level 14
PublishedShadow, I have it checked...tried all of them...nothing changed.

Strange thing is, that when I opened another map, this feature could work flawlessly!
Dunno, must be something with the map.
Aanyway, I don't really want to add any tiles at this point of the map and if I want I might do what PurgeandFire said (the request thing).

Thanks for helping and caring!
+rep:goblin_yeah: for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.