• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Open To Cool New Ideas For Trggers Also Questions By Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok Guys here's what i got for ya.
Firstly: If i wanna make heros ressurect i know if i use the obvious trigger one dead hero will cancel out the other already ressurecting one. How do i fix this?
Secondly: I wanna know what kinda cool triggers you've figured out and see if the are of any use to me or anyone else who hear's about em.
Thirdly: I need triggers that u guys think would be a help to my new map, Worlds Of Balar. I'll explain the plot at the bottom of the page.
Fourthly: I put in a trigger that said condition, a unit enters [whatever the region was]. Then actions were, Remove triggering unit, And Create [the unit that it was] at triggering players starting location.
This trigger was to create a feel of stepping on a circle of power and it gives u the hero behind it.
But the trigger for some reson only destroys my hero chooser. What are my options on how to make this work?
and what went wrong?

Plot: Sorta like a world of warcraft reborn map except with a lotta different triggers. There's a jail where when u enter u will be transported to a closed in part of the map that will be the jail.

Remember guys i'm open to new ideas.

Secret Assasin54321

Level 8
for the first one...

Event:
(generic) unit dies
Conditions:
(unit conditions to check if hero, what hero, owner or anything u need)
Actions:
Wait (level of dying unit x 2)
Revive (dying unit) at [region/rect]

that should work and u dont have to have the wait command... (not sure if u can make the wait command like that but probrably... maybe if its an arena and your level 30 you might not wanna wait 60 seconds though ^^)

Second one:
never tried this exactly but similar...
tree regrow (special)
Event:
Destructible dies
Actions:
If then else (multiple)
If dying destructible equal to (tree 1) then do: wait (random time between 20- 30 seconds), Create 1 (bush doodad) at center of (dying destructible), add (the bush doodad) to (variable for removal...), wait (random time between 15-30), ressurect (dying destructible), remove (either the variable of the bush or if there event response for the bush, OR DONT USE THE BUSH AT ALL)

Third one...
as for triggers... respawning creeps:
Event: a unit dies.
Conditions: owner of (dying unit) equal to (computer)
Actions: wait (random number between 10-40 seconds), unit - create 1 (unit type of dying unit) at (random point in jail or whatever region/rect), *bug free this trigger: Unit - Remove (dying unit) from the game*

*if instead of creating the unit at random point in the rect, u put him on the corpse, use this to remove the corpse etc*

for the fourth one...

:arrow: if the event was "unit enters region"
:arrow: then for the condition use "entering unit" not "triggering unit"
:arrow: and create 1 (hero type) at center (or random point) in [region/rect], and also unit - remove (entering unit) from the game.

i suggest using this event for best results:
Event:
Unit comes within [80] of (hero)
Conditions:
Unit type of (entering unit) equal to (selector)
Actions:
Unit - Change owner of (hero) to owner of (entering unit)
Unit - move (hero) instantly to (wherever they go to)

For this trigger it will make it so only 1 hero can be selected, will be error free (moslty...) makes it a bit easier to make multiple of these triggers (eg: no regions/rects except the one they move to)

so much typing... lol i had just about all the problems u did to! thanks alot to sopho and others on this site i learned how to do all that and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.