• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

new Idea for limiting number of items by type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i got an idea and i wanna share with u guuys:

its bout limiting the hero picking the same type of item...

in this system (very simple, only needing triggers for attachemtn points/animations) all items have an ability. useable ability. when the player clicks the item to use the ability, ,it will equip the item.
NOTE> LOOK, I ALREADY PLAYED MARINE CORPS AND WHAT IM TELLING HERE IS DIFFERNT FROM WHAT U SEE THERE.)
in This system, when u use the skill, u get a buff. that buff gives u bonus as if u were using the item (i.e., click in the sword to get attack bonus buff)
and just put the duration 0 (forever) and enable deactivation.

thats it, post any feedbacks problems i didnt had an idea... anyway i didnt copied from anybody (that i know)

Level 9
There will be 1 problem

heh i test the same think for about hour ago with attack rate , movement , damage , defence bonuses with attached shields and weapons and i havo only 1 preoblem. (
I couldn't make abilities buttons invisiable :(
i delete there icons, but they became to glow a green colour :(

i test that on unholy aura...

(WEU addon spells are going alright and i tried to copy them. :(

i win that problem by making 6 dummies for each free slot ..Emm it will be worse for somebody else :(

Level 4
hmmm....

thx for testing, i will be able to test this only in the weekend...
and i have this sudden idea, so coudn lose it :)

but i think ure doing sumthing wrong...
well, if i know this, ,if u imbue an item with a buff, just click on him (the item, just like using a pot) and the buff will ruun (and the item will be equiped)

Note: i dont remember, but, can i choose if the buff is stackable or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.