• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

modify heroes armor type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi!
I used forum's search function but didn't find anything useful so i ask here...

My problem is that I'm not able to change my heroes hero type.
I want that the heroe picks up a certain item and then he should get his armor type modified ... for example from hero to heavy.

I tried to trigger a tech which changes units armor type but it didnt work on heroes. Further its impossible to unlearn techs which would be necessary on item drop.
I also tried to create an item ability that changes the armor but i found none capable of this
I've been tryin for a while now and getting frustrated :(

I hope someone has an idea

Level 6
take a look at this

here the name of the hero is changed.
Go to the Object Editor, press strg+d and get
how 'armor type' is named there - use that instead of 'name' in the code
how the different armortypes are called - use that instead of 'new name'

but be carefull:
the code replaces the hero - i dunno what happens to it's customvalues, inventory or to variables that refer to the hero...

hope this helps you...

Status
Not open for further replies.