1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

*headdesk* I cannot find the armor types.

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by DarckRedd, Aug 5, 2006.

1. DarckRedd

DarckRedd

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK, some I'm developing a map, and I want to make so some units are more effective against others. For instance, make archers get a bonus against footmen, and then give footmen a bonus against zombies. I figure that the easiest way to do this is by modifying the armor/attack types.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to alter the armor types. If I want to make an archer have heavy armor, how do I do it? Is it hardwired into the game?

2. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Combat - Defense Type
    :|
    i think "heavy" is large maybe, but i'm actually not sure. maybe someone who knows a little more about this could help? i honestly don't know and don't feel like taking the 15 minutes around with it. :p

3. BADGE

BADGE

Resources:
    Resources:
    In Advanced->Game Constants. You can change how much extra damage attack types do to armour types too. To change the armour type of a unit, Combat - Armour Type. Hope that helped :wink:

Forgot to add this - You can change the names and icons of attack and armour types in Advanced->Game Interface

4. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    i'm pretty sure it's actually under Combat - Defense Type. "Armour Type" is for like what the armour it's wearing is made of "flesh, ethereal, etc."

5. DarckRedd

DarckRedd

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, the defense types worked. Now, I have another problem... I want to make a unit that just serves as the players 'representative' on the battlefield. I want to make it so he can buy scrolls at a shop and use them for things, mostly summoning towers. Now, I have a bit of a problem. When the Agent buys a Summon Tower scroll, he can't use it. He can drop it, but when I left click the item, it won't work.

6. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    is this "agent" a hero? some items will only work on heroes. you can make it so he's not officially a hero by hiding his hero display or w/e the option is, but that should let hero-only items work on him. he will gain exp tho, so u should put his stats gained per level pretty low.

7. ImperialCannonFodder

ImperialCannonFodder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try giving him the hero inventory ability(the one heros have) or did you try that already?