• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

*headdesk* I cannot find the armor types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
OK, some I'm developing a map, and I want to make so some units are more effective against others. For instance, make archers get a bonus against footmen, and then give footmen a bonus against zombies. I figure that the easiest way to do this is by modifying the armor/attack types.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to alter the armor types. If I want to make an archer have heavy armor, how do I do it? Is it hardwired into the game?

Level 24
Combat - Defense Type
:|
i think "heavy" is large maybe, but i'm actually not sure. maybe someone who knows a little more about this could help? i honestly don't know and don't feel like taking the 15 minutes around with it. :p

Level 2
In Advanced->Game Constants. You can change how much extra damage attack types do to armour types too. To change the armour type of a unit, Combat - Armour Type. Hope that helped :wink:

Forgot to add this - You can change the names and icons of attack and armour types in Advanced->Game Interface

Level 24
i'm pretty sure it's actually under Combat - Defense Type. "Armour Type" is for like what the armour it's wearing is made of "flesh, ethereal, etc."

Level 1
Thanks, the defense types worked. Now, I have another problem... I want to make a unit that just serves as the players 'representative' on the battlefield. I want to make it so he can buy scrolls at a shop and use them for things, mostly summoning towers. Now, I have a bit of a problem. When the Agent buys a Summon Tower scroll, he can't use it. He can drop it, but when I left click the item, it won't work.

Level 24
is this "agent" a hero? some items will only work on heroes. you can make it so he's not officially a hero by hiding his hero display or w/e the option is, but that should let hero-only items work on him. he will gain exp tho, so u should put his stats gained per level pretty low.

Status
Not open for further replies.