• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Armor types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm working on a big project alone and I just realised that i cannot find any way to add new armor types.

Strangely enough, some custom maps i got from different websites had whole new armor types on top of the current ones, so it's possible. I'd like to know how to do it.

Do I need triggers? Do I need some kind of tool except the World Editor?

Level 25
It's not possible to create new armor types, you can only alter the already exiting ones - icons, texts, or what type of damage they reduce/increase.

You don't need triggers - everything is set in Gameplay Constants and Game Interface options (you can get to it by opening the "Advanced" menu in the top bar of your WE

Level 2
I know about the gameplay constants, but the range or available attacks and armors is too small.
And @solu9 ,I mean armor types, as in Fortified, medium, heavy, unarmored, divine, hero.... I would need about 5 more.And also, about 5 more attack types.
Seriously, there's no way to do it? Blizzard did it betwen the original RoC and the expansion, as there was no unarmored type and no Hero attack type (they either had normal or chaos). There HAS to be a way....

Level 25
Steal the code from Blizzard, apply code changes and compile it yourself.
No there is no other way, change the original blizzard ones into the new ones you want or change your idea. Work around the limitations.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Blizzard did it betwen the original RoC and the expansion, as there was no unarmored type and no Hero attack type (they either had normal or chaos). There HAS to be a way....
Except they greatly modified the game code in that period as well. I am guessing in the source code there is even a constant field allowing you to define how many attack types and armor types the game has, but without the source code and re-building the game executable it is not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.