• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im not sure if this is in the right forum or not. If its not, I apologize.

My friend and I are making a map named Showdown Frenzy, or SdF for short. We have in the map what we call the Forge (each team has 3, 1 belonging to each player). With these Forges, you can put 2-4 items into the building, and if its a correct combination, you get a combination item out of it. In a way, it is a combination of Island Troll Tribes and Dota.

Im posting here for ideas for combination items. To any who are interested in helping, I'll look at any and all ideas. Feel free to post the required items, but without playing the map, you would have limited ideas of what items are in the map for you to work with. Either way, if you do post an item idea, I will look at the required items and adjust them to how good the item is.

Feel free to be in depth or post a simple one-liner. As long as I get an idea of what you're suggesting, it should be fine. Im not very competent with JASS so if your item requires JASS, Im sure I could find a clanmate to help with it, but thats iffy.

Thanks for any and all input, and be sure to try the map.

Level 24
two swords that combine into one sword with the same effects, maybe toned down so that you don't get two good items into one Üßë® item. doesn't matter what their effects are but that's simple. a good effect combo would be like +15 damage and +8% attack speed. or maybe something like +10 attack and another that's +5 frost/fire/whatever damage. keep it simple and easy so that the game is about fighting and not item whoring.

Level 7
does it matter what order they go in? or instead of a slot number you can just make a blank variable that you only use for the slots an then it will not matter what order you put them in...

Level 2
To Teh_Ephy, there is currently 3 items like that, 2 axes that form to make a good axe. Nice idea ;P

To Harybeavet, it doesnt matter what order they go in at all. Dust of Appearance is an item that costs 0 gold, so if you want a combination item that requires 4 items but you only think of 2 that it would need, but you can't get it without the 3rd and 4th items, for example, you could have Dust fill those slots.

Level 7
I have an idea for a three part fusion. The base items are two 'Mooncrystal'Icon items. They fuse to become a 'Partial Key of the Three Moons' icon. And then you fuse that latest item with another 'Mooncrystal' to create a 'Key of Three Moons' icon item. I dont know the effect that these items should bestow but i think maybe to make them give an agility bonus to the hero.

1/3 amulet of speed + 1/3 amulet of speed = 2/3 amulet of speed
1/3 amulet of speed + 2/3 amulet of speed = Full Amulet of speed

Hope this isn't too complicated and that it goes in your map.

Level 2
Thats a pretty good idea, thanks.

Give the map a try while you have some time..Im sure a lot of people reading this are thinking "Oh God, another rip-off of Hato's map". That would be very wrong, so give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.