• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Orignal Map Idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yes, let me start by saying that most of us have played one or any of the following maps:
-DOTA (Defense of the Ancients)
-AOS
-Footman Frenzy (Any of them)
-Arena Type Map (Anime,Angel,Hero Builder)
-TD (Tower Defense)
-Survival (Ice Trolls,Jungles,Tom Browns)
-Tag (Kodo,Tree,Tag your it,freeze tag)
-Snipers (Archer Tactics,ect.)
-Game Cache type (where you can save your data forgot what it's called.)

Now if your a meele game type play, WHY R U IN THIS FORM!? Lolz, j/k. Ok, let's move on!

At one time haven't we all said "Man I Wish there was an original map out their besides all these copies,rm's and unofficial copies! (Mauls ^ ^).

Well I was think the smae thing and have coem up with a neat and fun (I hope) game. It's called "Spell Wars" (spell craft was already taken,idk!!!)

Ok this is the concept:
-There are 3 teams of 3 (3v3v3=9 Players!)
-EAch one has to protect a tower of some kind,if the tower of some kind DIES then that team loses.
-All players choose a starting hero class.
-The 3 classes are:
a.Summoner
b.Offensive
c.Defensive
-Each class use differnat spells that fit it's class (4 ex. summoner-Summons monsters and other things to fight)
-To get new spells you have to BUY them.But how much fun would a game be if all the people had to do to win was buy the best spell? That woudl be awsome hu!!

Nope.Not at all so, I cam up with this idea.Every1 starts out with 3 shops at their spell area (seprate area,at bottom,closed off)
-There is one shop for each class.
-Each shop will sell roughly between 6-9 spells.
-Their will also be an extra shop so that you can make MORE shop's with items to increase you'r mages stat's and ect.
-Their will also be a shop where you can by another mage of the class of your choice (summoner,defensive,offensive)
-Now with only having 6-9 spells for each class it would be pretty boring so to spice things up....r you ready for it....

SPELL COMBINING!

Just like item cobination in DOTA and other games we have....

SPELL COMBINING!

Ok, now this is how it works,mages can buy spells of there class.(Actualy,buy items and triggers make them learn the spells.)Now a mage can learn up to 4 spells.(i.e-the importance of having more mages with differant attacks!)To learn stronger,more powerful attakcs you must COMBINE THEM.This is what i'm trying to go for:

You're Mage-Summoner(a mage who's class is summoner) has these 3 moves.(all moves he has r lvl.1)
Summon Wolf
Summon Living Flame
Summon Troll Rock Thrower

Now you want to combine you're Troll and you're flame.So you re-buy the living flame spell and instead of learning living flame you aquire the item "Living Flame"(level 1).And you do the same for the rock thrower! Now you have 2 items the rock thrower item (level 1 also) and the living flame item.
Next you bring those 2 items (in you're first 2 slots) to the spell chamber (a little room glowing,lolz)And poof! You lose both items,you lose both spells and you are replaced with a new spell!

Troll Fire Spitter! (Lolz,could use a differant name but,you get the point!)

Well this is it! The end of my forum I thank you for taking the time to look it over,and please post back!

-Tell me what you think about it.
-What could be changed.
-And maybe some spell ideas and spell combining ideas!

Well that's it for now, later!

-Wolf1on1

Level 6
I have thought of a similar map a few times, but mine wa a bit more like DotA ( or kinda like it ).
And, because i love the idea of the heroes as genreals isntead of one-man-armys i had decided taht in my map there is some kind of "Operator" for each time, building up the town and def-buildings, and also controlling ( or at least build ) the creeps.

If you now combine those two ideas you have the following:

teamplay
- 3+1 player per team
- operator
> operator can ( as the only one from a team ) see everything the teamsees and has to order the team a little
> operator can repair, build and upgrade ( buildings, players and creeps )
> operator can build spell-writter-shops ( where you can buy your basic-spells; one per "element" or whatever you want to call it )

DotA
- Creeps
Creeps are running too the targeted town, aided by players ( they should have no real chance except if helped by players and same in reverse )
- Item-/SpellCraft
You can combine items ( spell-items as well as other items ) and craft new spell and/or items that way ( maybe you need some kind of "Horadrim-Dice" or such, dunno )

RPG ( Hack'n'Slay )
- Heroes
Heroes are not as strong as in dota or arena-maps but are aiding the creeps a lot and are even able to crush a town within a few minitues if followed by some creeps ( at high level i mean ^^ )
- Experience
You earn your XP but u have to "learn" ( buy ) your spells and equipment at home ( maybe have only a "permanent high stat XY"-Ability )

TD
- Defending
The Operator is the TD-Player, building up structures to defend his teams town and is caring about wich creeps are build and where they are sent ( or mabye only wich are build... dunno )

I hope this gives you some more ideas ( a shame that i am the only one replying to this one *g* ) and may even be a concept for the map.
I'll look forward to see the first version of ur map!

[Edit1]
I just had another nice idea:
not everyone can combine items only the "tinker"-profession can. This would deepen the teamplay, because every team needs at least one tinker, but tinkers can't use their own items.
This forces a team to decide quite well wich professions should be taken ( i would prefer having mages AND fighters and tinkers of course ^^ )

Hope this isn't to complicated ( think of the spells you need for knights as well as for wizzards and tinkers... )
[/Edit1]

Status
Not open for further replies.