• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

OotF Arena 1.6

[TD]
211785-albums6020-picture64380.jpg
[/TD]

[TD] Garena Group: 147895 [/TD]

[TD]http://oakofthefirefly.weebly.com[/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]

Oak of the Firefly: Arena
[TD]

Oak of the Firefly Arena is a free-for-all brawl type arena. All players are given the same
hero with same spells which means technique, timing and instincts are your only advantage to others.
The objective of the game is to be the first one to reach the set Kill Requirements its either team up with other
players to bring down the toughest opponent or simply kill steal from others without getting a scratch.

Experience a fast pace brawl with other players in a mysterious, dark and hellish terrain which is
designed by me and worked for hours just to deliver the best possible terrain for everyone to experience.

[/TD]

Features:

[TD]

Fast paced action
A beautiful designed terrain
Cool spells which is implemented for strategical purposesKnockback other players when hitting/damaging them
Challenging AIAnd tons of fun!
[/TD]

[TD]
-Fast Paced Action

Being fast paced doesn't mean that the game is just spam spell here spam there and boom you win. Not here, the definition of fast pace for OotF is that thinking your moves quickly but using the right move at the right moment. Since you don't want your ulti to be block by your enemy right?(Yes everyone have a default spell to neglect any damage for 1 second) So think first but be quick.

-A beautiful designed terrain

Probably the best point of OotF, I spent hours to simply create the best terrain that I can produce for everyone's enjoyment, beautiful and attractive (and a friend of mine said its looks a whole different game), but just enough to not distract you for the main goal. To hunt and to win.

-Cool spells which is implemented for strategical purposes

One might probably ask me, 'why does everyone have the same spell, isn't that boring?' my answer is no, hell no since I really think of what kind of spells will perfectly fit to this type of game, spells that serves its total purpose, 'to be strategical for the whole game but not boring'. Actually it is better to see it for yourself.

-Knockback players when hitting/damaging them

This probably what makes OotF fun, there is no more entertaining stuff than knocking back your enemy with your might. But beware this knockback also have its strategic purpose, attacking enemy from the back knock them away from you so it means it will further the distance of you and a hero you're catching(fleeing from you.).

-Challenging AI

Hell! Are you alone out there? No one to play this awesome map because Warcraft 3 is old? Then worry not my friend since I made sure that you'll be entertained by challenging AIs of OotF: Arena. AIs surely know when to use the block spell, when to best use the ulti and other aoe spells etc.

[/TD]

Gallery

[TD]
211785-albums6020-picture64207.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums6020-picture64208.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums6020-picture64209.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums6020-picture64210.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums6020-picture64211.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums6020-picture64381.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums6020-picture64382.jpg

[/TD]

And here are some screenshot with the AIs

[TD]
211785-albums6020-picture64383.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums6020-picture64384.jpg

[/TD]

Credits

[TD]Credits:
Model/Icon/Texture Credits:
Ogare - RiR models
Outland UTM - UTM models
Judash - White Queen
Judash - Cleave Effect
Judash - Wind Ball Missile
Tarrasque Tridentyr Missile
Judash - Eclipse Effect
Morbid
RetroSexual

Spell Credits:
Reason3 - Elune Arrow
MarcosDAB - Warden Leap
Razor - Multiboard Help
Radamantus - Knockback
The6thMessenger - Night Glimpse
Defskull
rulerofiron99
Starquizer
[/TD]

Changelog
[TD]
Changelog:

[System]
-Change the way of picking the kill Requirements.
:Now on dialog button

[Minor]
-Remove the icon on multiboard

[Item]
-1 new item added

[Meteorite]
Gives its holder +5 to all stats, + 2 armor and the ability to call 30 meteors that deals min 300 damage and maximum 500 damage per meteor. Each meteor can damage unit 250 aoe of its impact. Meteors falls on a targeted point within 1000 aoe.

Changelog:

[System]
-Added a new system [Run/Walk]

Players can now make their 'Knight' run by double clicking at a point. Continuesly drains mana while running.

[Items]
-2 New items added

[Lightning Hammer]

The holder will have the ability to conjure an orb that will move in a straight line that will strike any enemy units along the pathway dealing 2*int of the holder. Deals explosion damage once it has travel 1200 range or hits the map boundary dealing another 3*int of the holder as damage.

[Soul Extractor]

Gives its holder to extract the soul of its target. The extracted soul is connected to its owner means damaging the soul is equal to damaging its owner and gives additional 15 damage to its holder.

-Minor item balancing

[Ghostwalker's evasion rate increased to 15 from 10.]
[Boots of Speed movement speed addition decrease to 40 from 60.]

Changelog:

-Added '-unstuck' command if your hero got perma stun

Changelog:

Changelog:

[Major]
-8 new items:

Item Information can be found here: http://oakofthefirefly.freeforums.org/post5.html#p5

-Added "-kr 4" which the kill value is "80"

[System]
-Changed knockback effect to 'blood'. This makes the game Mature because of the Gore! >:D

[System]
-Added a damage counter

[Balancing]

-Night Glimpse additional damage per 'pressing F1'
Old: 5 damage
New: 8 damage

-Night Glimpse AoE
Old: 150

New: 190

-3rd Terrain Pathc
-Issue about the pathing is 99% solved
-New Spell: Night Glimpse

To see the complete Changelog, visit this link: http://oakofthefirefly.weebly.com/changelog.html
[/TD]

Keywords:
Firefly, Arena, Brawl, Free-for-all, SonofJay
Contents

OotF Arena 1.6 (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet Approved 12/31/2012 - retested map Oak of the Firefly (Version 1.3) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...
Level 4
Well.. honestly, and by far, the most impressive terrain I've ever played.

Now some quick ideas that came up to make it a bit nicer:

The leaderbord, maybe it could display some more info, like player's account name, empty or left game slots, etc.

Replace the -start command for a button, cause if you started afk for a minute or missed the text where it says about that command, you're screwed, plus it would look nicer. Then, display any useful game-text info after the player push the start button.

a couple of extra spells, and the posibility of picking the hero's spellset, like a custom-hero thing. With that you will get a lot more variability/fun with just 3-4 extra spells, maybe more if you add some passives.

Also they get stuck many times, and sometimes the -unstuck command just won't work.

That's all I can remember, hope it helps.

Level 28
Version 1.5 is up!

Changelog

[System]
-Added a new system [Run/Walk]

Players can now make their 'Knight' run by double clicking at a point. Continuesly drains mana while running.

[Items]
-2 New items added

[Lightning Hammer

The holder will have the ability to conjure an orb that will move in a straight line that will strike any enemy units along the pathway dealing 2*int of the holder. Deals explosion damage once it has travel 1200 range or hits the map boundary dealing another 3*int of the holder as damage.]

[Soul Extractor

Gives its holder to extract the soul of its target. The extracted soul is connected to its owner means damaging the soul is equal to damaging its owner and gives additional 15 damage to its holder.]

-Minor item balancing

[Ghostwalker's evasion rate increased to 15 from 10.]
[Boots of Speed movement speed addition decrease to 40 from 60.]

Well its been a while since I last updated this map and its really been a while since I last touched my editor so I hope I made things right.

Anyway enjoy!

Hello mate, I will have to say few things, because I dont like when someone is just asskissing and saying "cool mate 5/5 u are awzum" just to get rep back. I think to it will be much more helpful to give you real critics:
First of all terrain qualiti:
7/5, for this I have no words to say, really greatly used wow rip. I think to I have never seen so good terrain(never ever), even I think you could reduce some effects with many particles, because someone like me(who have a bit weaker pc) have it fps about 15.

Next thing:
Gameplay:
Well, you know, to say it from my heart, it was boring, I have no idea why, I guess low fps, too long decription, converted camera, and few more things that I cannot remember now.
That was version long time ago. I will test newer version. So far my rating is 4/5 and plus rep. After testing last version I will give u more detailed description. Will not rate it now.

Level 6
I gave a try to the map and sometimes i got stuck between the rocks its kinda annoying but i managed to "escape".Im stunned with your skills man but i suppose this is what i should expect from you jay XD

5/5

Last edited:
Level 28
Thanks guys. Somehow your comment guys making me feel bad for not updating this map for a long time.

@Hammerfist.

I'll keep in mind about your suggestion of reducing the effects. Actually I know a spot where 50-100 sfx are cramped together lol.

EDIT:

If you look closely around the top right(I know the camera is weird so bare with it) there is a unfinished terrain where you can't enter.. that will be the up coming 4th terrain patch! Hurray!

Last edited:
Level 2
i dont have character when i start the game and i dont know how to get it, can you explain for me :(

Level 28
Changelog:

[System]

[Minor]

[Item]
-1 new item added

[Meteorite]
Gives its holder +5 to all stats, + 2 armor and the ability to call 30 meteors that deals min 300 damage and maximum 500 damage per meteor. Each meteor can damage unit 250 aoe of its impact. Meteors falls on a targeted point within 1000 aoe.

211785-albums5481-picture68890.gif

Last edited:
Level 30
Changelog:

[System]

[Minor]

[Item]
-1 new item added

[Meteorite]

211785-albums5481-picture68890.gif

Did you also fixed the Dash Button bug that when you double click a location, you will like gain movespeed?

Level 28
I checked it numerous time alone, with a friend and using the multi-instance function(where you can test map with multiple war3 open) of JNGP 2.0 and its simply working. I don't really know why it doesn't work for you.

EDIT:

This doesn't work for the AI. Their movespeed is set to max. Just saying if you're basing the speed with the ai.

Level 30
I checked it numerous time alone, with a friend and using the multi-instance function(where you can test map with multiple war3 open) of JNGP 2.0 and its simply working. I don't really know why it doesn't work for you.

EDIT:

This doesn't work for the AI. They're movespeed is set to max. Just saying if you're basing the speed with the ai.

Let me try playing 1.6 and I'll give some proper review. =)

Level 30
Firstly, sorry for the double post,
Okay, I was just excited to play this in LAN but when I created game, it take me off to the Game Menu. This does not happened to the older verion of your OotF. Looks like 1.6 has problems but I dont know If am the only one experiencing this.

~Review if fixed~

Level 30
Played 1.6 with my friend which I lost, he got 40 kills while me 39. Ok, here is my review for this game:

Oak of the Firefly 1.6 Review
[+] Good Points:
-Has a very realistic and awesome terrain.
-Heroes have cool skills.
-Items in this game are quite useful because of the skills it can cast so your money here will not be wasted on useless items.

[-] Bad Points:
-Killing gets repetitive, make the game more livelier maybe make an arena mode for all players after some minutes or specal events that does not concentrate on killing.
-Quite few items... maybe mind adding some Potions in this game because I hate it when players got kills through luck because enemies have low health.

[] Suggestion:
-Make the game more livelier... it depends on how you will do it. Maybe make some special events thaat randomly occur.
-Add more items which I know you will add in future updates!

Overall, epic hero arena game, just needs some more unique and special events to make it more fun. I would like to rate this still 5/5 and the creator's +3 REP!

Simply stunning! This is a true work of art. 6/5
Slight bug with the camera system. Mouse roller rotates camera and then its harder to see. Obviously if you know this you won't roll the mouse. An arrow rotate camera system might work nicely with this game. Just a thought.

Seriously though this is one of the best mods I've ever seen.

Level 30
Hey, because I AM A BIG FAN OF YOUR OoTF. Maybe I can suggest an addition to your game. Ok let us start, I have been playing this map for many times with AIs and sometimes friends, maybe you can add something like of spawnable runes in the map.

For example, every 1-2 min., many runes will be spawned all around in the map that does many of the ff: Movement speed plus, attack plus, armor plus, heal, full heal, and many more... of course they have time limit those tunes that add armors, attack and such.. they are ore like temporary powerups!

Hope this suggestion will help you make your game much more fun.

Level 28
@Legal Ease

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm still stunned on how this simple mod received so many positive feedback. I'm really thankful.

@Hell Master

Wow, how did I miss this one. Thank you for this suggestion, I'd been brainstorming for something to add in OotF that is simple and effective. I really just want to make sure that OotF stay simple but that means brainstorming for something to add is quite hard, your suggestion fit big time. Thank you. Already added on plan-to-do for 1.7.

Level 30
@Legal Ease

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm still stunned on how this simple mod received so many positive feedback. I'm really thankful.

@Hell Master

Wow, how did I miss this one. Thank you for this suggestion, I'd been brainstorming for something to add in OotF that is simple and effective. I really just want to make sure that OotF stay simple but that means brainstorming for something to add is quite hard, your suggestion fit big time. Thank you. Already added on plan-to-do for 1.7.

Lol, good thing, I have thought of this suggestions. Its really that I see this in some maps.

Level 20
I tried out the map with some guys, we quit because we were bored.

Terrain: Although this is a subjective matter, the terrain wasn't that great or anything. It was pretty monotone, rocks everywhere and some lava. It's okay looking but nothing spectacular, especially compared to the toll it takes on fps.

Gameplay: How's this fast paced? Units and projectiles are so slow and there isn't much to do other than getting close to your enemy and just using your spells. The only spells that take some skill would be the defend and spear, but they alone don't make the game.
The knockback on hit is weird and annoying (mostly because it disables knockbacked units), it neither looks good nor does it affect gameplay in a good way, it doesn't seem to have a purpose whatsoever.
I barely killed a disconnected player who was only autoattacking simply because casting spells wasn't even worth it.
The spells aren't polished or smooth, only some very artifical movements. They also, for some reason, deal stat based damage even though stats aren't customizable.
The map doesn't seem to have a replay value because nothing really changes from game to game. There are no tactics other than timing few of your spells, even though it's usually best to just spam them.
-unstuck command is annoying as it resets your leveled abilities (I assume you just recreate the unit) and can easily be abused. It's also bad that you've added it simply because of bad coding.

In the end, everyone has same slow hero with badly designed abilities and a few custom items with more badly designed abilities, a gameplay that can be made in an hour or two.

I'd give it 2/5 because of poor gameplay, it's as if the map was made just to be playable and nothing else.
The rating is objective and not influenced by anything other than the map itself.