• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chant 1.6 FINAL

CHANT
By Daffa the Mage

INFORMATION
It all started, when one of them send a message to the front door :

Daffa Daffa Daffa Daffa Daffa
Daffa Daffa Daffa Daffa Daffa
Daffa Daffa Daffa Daffa

Leo said:
Leo casts Chant
Directive255 casts chant
StoPCampinGn00b casts chant
Rheiko casts Chant
It was super effective
DAFFA is annoyed

This is a short, simple map I made using @redscores RBB System. It's meant to be a simple map to make a few fellow friends pay for messing my front door. Don't expect complicated things here, just good old fashion turn battle that needs teamwork to win.

(They are destroying my house's ventilation systems by the way)

GAMEPLAY
You need all 5 heroes to finish this game. Some are more support oriented and others are combat oriented.

Just be aware, this game is quite unforgiving in case of decision mistakes. Yeah, they pissed me off anyway, so they should have some wonderful time... getting kicked around.

Screenshot below the description!

CHANGELOG
Game :
1 New Challenge : On the Prize
Fixed challenge not properly giving points
Fixed challenge multiplier gets very high numbers
UI Upgrade
Lower Beginner difficulty damage taken from 33% to 5%

Directive255 :
Death and Decay reduction now counts before bonuses
Reduced Level Factor for Death and Decay from 0.10 to 0.08
--> Fixes Daffa the Mage cannot be harmed by Death and Decay
Fixed Death and Decay not failing Challenge 3 glitch

Leo :
Soul Break reduction now counts before bonuses

SCN :
Soul Break reduction now counts before bonuses

Rheiko :
Inferno reduction now counts before bonuses

[E]clipse :
Fire reduction now counts before bonuses
Increased Attack bonus damage from buff from 1.5x to 2.0x
Increased Attack bonus damage from health from 0.30 to 0.45

Daffa the Mage :
Added Frost Bite ability
Added Attack ability
Now starts with Iron Shield
Reinforcement now arrives after the first batch of troops are defeated
No longer heals despite creeps around
Fixed Charge ability damage bonus
Reinforcement now occurs 3 times

Shadow :
Added to the game
Game :
Challenge points gained now multiplies with difficulty
Increased Chant Success points given by 1000

Directive255 :
Increased HP from 2875 to 3500
Fixed major bugs with and tooltip for Unholy Amor
Replaced Fire with Death and Decay
New model by @Ujimasa Hojo

Leo :
Increased HP from 3125 to 4000
Changed Dark Energy icon

SCN :
Increased HP from 2500 to 3250
Improved Soul Break tooltip

Rheiko :
Increased HP from 3500 to 5000
Improved Soul Break tooltip

[E]clipse :
Increased HP from 4000 to 7500
Increased Blade Charge multiplier from 4 to 5

Daffa the Mage :
Increased HP from 20000 to 25000
Increased Level from 80 to 85

Loyalist :
Increased HP from 7500 to 8250
Increased Cold Nova damage from 50-75 to 150-250
Fixed attack ignoring buffs

Servant :
Increased HP from 5000 to 6000
Decreased Level from 65 to 50
Added Cold Nova
Fixed attack ignoring buffs
Changed Directive's Heal with Unholy Armor
Changed Heal Support (Leo) with Dark Energy
Daffa the Mage now has Arctic Nova, which deals low damage but has freeze chance
Reduced damage taken in Mastermind Difficulty
Increased Attack (Rheiko/Directive) and Attack (Leo) damage
Increased Assault Signal (Directive) turn effect increased
Increased Inferno damage
Increased Soul Break damage
Increased Fire damage
Attack (Leo) now has 1% chance to deal 9x normal damage
Attack (Eclipse) now deal 50% additional critical damage
Heaven Force used by Phoenix now grants Iron Shield
Fixed some tooltips
Fixed coloring issues
Fixed SCN attack
Added challenges, how far can you get?
Added an event to grant further frustration :D
Major overhaul
Lots of new skills for players to give a more diverse gameplay
Added difficulty system, for the sake of it
Hello minions, now they are easier to dispose of
Added a score system, with challenges along to make life difficult for more scores
Pretty much most of ILH's feedbacks are done, except terrain AND chat and the health bar ones. I prefer to have health bar hidden when it's not your turn, so you need to think quick and properly

KNOWN BUGS : In non-full house games, the party will be revived under the owner's color instead of their default color.
DISCLAIMER : I have Ralle's permission to use resources at Staff Contact unless Atlus made a copyright claim over the map.
Added some minions to the fight
Change Directive255 and Rheiko models, since I get motivated
Now all games yield a five member battle

KNOWN BUGS : In non-full house games, the party will be revived under the owner's color instead of their default color.

CREDITS

Heroes :
- Directive255
- Leo Akastenix
- StoPCampinGn00b
- Rheiko
- [E]clipse

Music :
- Atlus
- Lettuce Sauce

System :
- redscores

Others :
- nightelfbuilder

Models :
- Direfury
- WILL THE ALMIGHTY
- HerrDave
- kangyun
- 67chrome
- Ujimasa Hojo
- UTM 4.0
- Fingolfin
- Tranquil
- Kitabatake
- bisnar13
- imforfun

MESSAGE ME IF I FORGET YOU!

Previews
Contents

Chant 1.6 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Alright, this is being updated regularly and I hope it develops even further so, Approved.
Here's a sneak peek for Chant 1.6
Keep in mind that the terrain is on progress so the one seen in the video is not the terrain you all will enjoy on Chant 1.6

After this, I will start working on something else. Still fixing bugs if I found them.

Have fun! Oh, the frost spell used by the shade and Daffa the Mage, it's called Frostbite, and it's kind of single target Cold Nova from 1.5

And I proof that Mastermind is beatable.

Cold Nova is ruining the day perhaps? @nightelfbuilder
The basic tactic is to use buff spells (most character's third skill) first before landing assaults and keep it up as long as possible. By far, [E]clipse has the highest damage output (unless the 1% crit of Leo attack is counted), so have him Charge (spell 2), everyone else buff and remove the shields with Chant, and then have him bash the troops out. You can also use Rheiko's Inferno to devastate all enemies with heavy damage, just make sure to use his Amplify first. Remember to Guard (G) when the starfall ability is used until Daffa the Mage has used one of his offensive spells.

The overall design of the team is :
Directive255 : Support (in Mastermind, his Unholy Armor is the only way to prevent entire team from getting nuked by charged Hellfire)
Leo : Heal/Support (his healing is inferior, but useful when chained with Directive's Unholy Armor)
SCN : Magic/Support (since it's a female model, I use 'her') (her healing is the only team heal, and she revives with cheap price. Her high mana pool also guaranteed decent damage from her spell)
Rheiko : Nuker/Support (Amplify+Inferno, use Assault Signal when needed)
[E]clipse : Slayer (Charge+Attack can wipe out minions easily, even on Mastermind)

I will have Beginner toned down in term of damage taken to help players get a hang of the characters.

Damn, I look so friggin' cool there. I love it. GJ Daffa :D

Edit: Downloaded the new version and things look certainly far better. I just had a quick-play so I won't give a thorough review. But overall, this is awezum.
You should wait for the 1.6 instead though :p

Wow, this is getting interesting homie, I'm sure 1.6 will be epic! ^^

P.S. Lifestealing attack and/or Lifestealing Death Coil when??? :D
It will, I however, have some changes to do before finalizing it.

Level 22
The 1.6 is up!

Anyway, I started to develop another Boss Fight based on this map. In that map however, you will have more heroes and has the ability to choose the character. The map will be uploaded separately when it's done.

*Just got pawned by the new boss with 11k damage AoE spell*

Yay! Good luck for your new project!

Cool, will Directive255 (or rather Dietrich v. Lenggong or Dietrich) have lifestealing attack here (maybe lifesteal for normal attacks)?

Also will there be Edge45 the Swordmaster (yes I have the model file made by Edge45 himself)? :D
And I hope I could also play as Argoshar and WhiteFang too :)

Yay! Good luck for your new project!

Cool, will Directive255 (or rather Dietrich v. Lenggong or Dietrich) have lifestealing attack here (maybe lifesteal for normal attacks)?

Also will there be Edge45 the Swordmaster (yes I have the model file made by Edge45 himself)? :D
And I hope I could also play as Argoshar and WhiteFang too :)
Thanks

That's quite a bunch of request :p

I will see about that, but IMO Lifesteal won't benefit much, as the healing is an AoE healing, thus a team sustain.

There will be additional heroes, however, I have to make compromise that it is playable for 1 player only.

Level 22
The 1.6 is up!

Anyway, I started to develop another Boss Fight based on this map. In that map however, you will have more heroes and has the ability to choose the character. The map will be uploaded separately when it's done.

*Just got pawned by the new boss with 11k damage AoE spell*
Maybe you can start a turn-based SRPG project like persona next. :p
With complex story and stuff but without the personas.
I mean hey, that would be great. xD

Level 22
I will see about that, but IMO Lifesteal won't benefit much, as the healing is an AoE healing, thus a team sustain.

There will be additional heroes, however, I have to make compromise that it is playable for 1 player only.

About healing, lifesteal will make up for the lower HP and mana-based situation of Directive255 the DK, just boost up the percentage a bit
Make any attacks other than Death and Decay, give lifesteal maybe? That way I can be a main hero too like [E]clipse ^^

Ohh? What do you mean? Like only a player with specific player names can use the hero?

About healing, lifesteal will make up for the lower HP and mana-based situation of Directive255 the DK, just boost up the percentage a bit
Make any attacks other than Death and Decay, give lifesteal maybe? That way I can be a main hero too like [E]clipse ^^

Ohh? What do you mean? Like only a player with specific player names can use the hero?
Try mastermind, and you see how your hero actually has a major influence. Without you, it's easy to get nuked by judgement fire. Healing won't do much in higher difficulties, unless it's a full heal. Be sure to check the video.

No, I mean you still get a party of 5 but cannot play it in 5 player like this map. Kind of a hassle to design the hero selection in multiplayer.

Level 22
Try mastermind, and you see how your hero actually has a major influence. Without you, it's easy to get nuked by judgement fire. Healing won't do much in higher difficulties, unless it's a full heal. Be sure to check the video.

No, I mean you still get a party of 5 but cannot play it in 5 player like this map. Kind of a hassle to design the hero selection in multiplayer.

But in easier difficulties, I'm like not outstanding... gib lifesteal yes... Directive255 for Lifesteal coz he's Death Knight... at least change the attack into projectile like SCN

So you mean, some heroes are exclusive to single player right?

Hmm well I thought is easy to design hero selection? ohh the mechanics... well save that for later, it's like save-and-load for Mental Omega I know

But in easier difficulties, I'm like not outstanding... gib lifesteal yes... Directive255 for Lifesteal coz he's Death Knight... at least change the attack into projectile like SCN

So you mean, some heroes are exclusive to single player right?

Hmm well I thought is easy to design hero selection? ohh the mechanics... well save that for later, it's like save-and-load for Mental Omega I know
Will consider that, I tbh Death and Decay is the second most powerful (non-amplified) spell in the game against mob. It's just that the reduction per level difference was higher that it almost deal zero damage to Daffa. SCN attack has no projectile btw, it's instant attack :p
If you want life-steal, I will have the new map with that. This one sadly, should stay as is. After all, that's what FINAL means right? :D