• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Onyxia

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
“How fortuitous. Usually, I must leave my lair in order to feed.”
— Onyxia

Onyxia was the daughter of Deathwing and his Prime Consort Sintharia and the broodmother of the black dragonflight on Azeroth. Like her father and her twin brother Nefarian, she had a human guise, appearing as the Stormwindian noblewoman Lady Katrana Prestor. In addition to being a highly intelligent dragon who was fond of secretly manipulating mortal affairs, she was also a mighty combatant, despite being relatively small for a black dragon of her age. Her breath was capable of melting iron, and her physical attacks were lightning quick and nearly unstoppable.

This model would make a great boss or hero unit. It currently only has flying animations, using Sapphiron as a base, but eventually I plan to add a limited amount of ground animations. I recommend using Sapphiron as the base unit in the WE and changing the projectile art to the black/red dragon projectile.

UPDATES
6/11/23 - Added a Lore Accurate version (still no walking animations, that's next).

This model was made using WC3R assets from Sapphiron, Therifas, the Red Dragon, the Green Dragon, the Black Dragon, and the Snapdragon. Textures were reworked using GIMP. The model was edited in Retera's Model Studio v. 4.4m and 3D 4c. Please credit Symphoneum if you use this model in a project. Have Fun!
Previews
Contents

Lore Accurate Onyxia (Model)

Lore Accurate Onyxia Icon (Icon)

Lore Accurate Onyxia Portrait (Model)

Onyxia (Model)

Onyxia Icon (Icon)

Onyxia Portrait (Model)

man, if only this had been out (and with having landed animation's) when i started on my dragon mounten upgraded project! i'd totaly use this for sure!
when you feel it's finish will i however totaly switch it out thoug :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:

as for the model contest. do your best to be on the spot to suggest it be dragon's when they ask again what it should be abute next time lol

man, if only this had been out (and with having landed animation's) when i started on my dragon mounten upgraded project! i'd totaly use this for sure!
when you feel it's finish will i however totaly switch it out thoug :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:

as for the model contest. do your best to be on the spot to suggest it be dragon's when they ask again what it should be abute next time lol
Sometime this month I will get an update out with some updated textures and the grounded animations. Then it’ll be done pending further input. I’m glad you like it!