• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Only show hero skill points but no skill button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Does adding skill points work? You'd basically just give them no hero abilities and then add the skill points with a trigger. I don't know what would happen if you did that though.

Level 25
1. Create a dummy hero everytime the player has points to use. It shows up in the top left corner as a hero icon.

2. Remove it when the player has no points.

Repeat 1. when more points are added.

Level 5
Ooh ooh, I got dis. If you only want one hero and have its skill points show up, then I think I have the answer.

1) Create a dummy hero ability. The amount of level it has depends on what you want to do.
a) Do you want to follow the normal wc3 style, earning a point per level up? Set the spell levels to the maximum amount that you want (if max hero level is 50, then set the skill level to 50)
b) Otherwise, if you completely customize it, then just set the skill level to 1. Speeds up loading time that way.

2) Give the ability to all heroes that use this.

3) Use a trigger to DISABLE that dummy spell for all players.

4) Enjoy if this is exactly what you want. Heroes will still earn skill points for all hero spells that they have, even if it is disabled. I remember this from one Blood Elf Campaign where you play as Kael, and you hit like level 8. But your Phoenix is still disabled. Regardless, you still have a skill point.

Attachments

• Invisible Skill Points.w3x
    13.1 KB · Views: 59
Level 12
Ooh ooh, I got dis. If you only want one hero and have its skill points show up, then I think I have the answer.

1) Create a dummy hero ability. The amount of level it has depends on what you want to do.
a) Do you want to follow the normal wc3 style, earning a point per level up? Set the spell levels to the maximum amount that you want (if max hero level is 50, then set the skill level to 50)
b) Otherwise, if you completely customize it, then just set the skill level to 1. Speeds up loading time that way.

4) Enjoy if this is exactly what you want. Heroes will still earn skill points for all hero spells that they have, even if it is disabled. I remember this from one Blood Elf Campaign where you play as Kael, and you hit like level 8. But your Phoenix is still disabled. Regardless, you still have a skill point.

Are you Jesus? This will be so handy for me. +rep.

Level 26

That's exactly what I needed. thx man!

Status
Not open for further replies.