• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero Skill Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello.

I made an item, which is when acquired a certain action happens through trigger. I want its effect to do this: unlearn all abilities and reset all skill points, so that the build could be repicked. I have no problem with unlearning, but skill points seem to be messy.

So I use Hero - Modify Hero Skill Points action. No matter how I set it, it add different amount each time. Firstly I tried to set it to maximum, then to zero and next to maximum, I tried adding and substracting, it won't do what I need.

I need to set it to 9 no matter how much unspent skill point hero have, zero or 8.

How to trigger this properly?

Thanks.

Level 6
What if the Hero has;
Ability A - Level 3
Ability B - Level 2
Ability C - Level 1

Unlearn all these abilities and give the hero 9 Skill Points (even if the hero's accumulated Skill Points is (3 + 2 + 1 = 6)) ?
I think he means that even if the player haven't spent his skill points the total skill points after this trigger should be 9.

With your example, the unspent skill points would be 3.

His problem lies in that he cannot check the skill points which haven't been spent. Have I misunderstood the problem?

EDIT:
Can you use "Hero - Modify unspent skill points" to set the unspent skill points to zero first, or is that what you tried?

Last edited:
Level 31
Problem is that I need to set it to 9 no matter how many points are unspent after unlearning the abilities.

Yeah, normally you don't appear into this situation, but I must guarantee that in this case it would not cause any bug. If I do Add 9 after unlearning, it actually add only like 3 if I have unspent skill points 0, if I have, for example, 4 unspent, it add to 7, so it's adding 3 instead of 9, somewhy, same with Set to.

Well I solved it in some primitive way, I just spammed Set To 9 four times and now it sets to 9 in each situation. :eek:

Level 20
I don't understand why you would need to add or sustrac, if you can use "Set Skill Points to 9". You can also follow Erkki2 suggestion.

Remember that the learnable abilities must have at least 9 levels between them all. The Game won't allow having more poinst than those you can spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.