• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

One of the greatest Cult films ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
The word "one" is only in place so as not to offend people with other such opinions, but I for one think this is the greatest cult film I have ever seen, aside from the original Clerks. Walter Hill directs this 1979 cult classic about a gang from Coney Island. The ganf, along with thousands of other gangs is attending a huge metting in the Broncs. The meeting, held by the most powerful gang leader in all of NYC, Cyrus, is an initiative to unite all of the gangs of NYC to take over the city. They outnumber the cops 5 to 1 and they number 100 thousand strong. The meeting goes awry, however, when The Warriors are framed for killing Cyrus, they must make it back to their home turf, alive, with every other gang in the city hunting them down. It is one of the most excellent movies I've seen in a while, and it really had me cheering for the characters. It's based on an ancient Greek myth about a group of warriors being stuck inland surrounded by enemies and having to fight their way back out from behind enemy lines to the sea where they cold escape. I now absolutely HAVE to play the game Rockstar created based upon this, and according to X Play, it's really great. CHECK THIS MOVIE OUT! IT IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST SEE!

Level 7
ya, but as i recal rockstar made a game out of it because it had been rizing in popularity. although i believe ur right, i dont think it was all that popular wen it came out. But all in all, considering the popularity of the film and the money it must have made since it was first created, thats really amazing since it cost 300,000 dollars to make!

Status
Not open for further replies.