• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Omfg megablocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This is probably the best ad that the Hiveworkshop has ever had and will ever have I remember sitting as a kid for hours building warcraft 3 and starcraft buildings and units having wars with them it was a blast for hours on end ah the good old days.

ljLI3.jpg

Level 28
This is probably the best ad that the Hiveworkshop has ever had and will ever have I remember sitting as a kid for hours building warcraft 3 and starcraft buildings and units having wars with them it was a blast for hours on end ah the good old days.

ljLI3.jpg

Hold on a second, did meagblocks ever sell warcraft or starcraft themed stuff? I remember they having some orc vs humans series, but not really Blizzard-related stuff.

Level 30
I remember sitting as a kid for hours building warcraft 3 and starcraft buildings and units having wars with them it was a blast for hours on end ah the good old days.

I think you're mentioning the old megablocks toyline series called "Dragons" where it has orcs, humans, and dragons with castle playsets. I used to have them but decided to sell a bunch of them for life.

Megablocks also bought a license from Blizzard to produce a World of Warcraft toys.

What I don't like about Megablocks is that most of their stuff isn't giving you enough imagination to make your own junk like Lego. Since they combine few bricks and a lot of action figures as their primary asset.

Level 28
I still remember when i wad around 10 , i went to america and found an offical lego store.

Of course they sell sets of boxes of legos. But they let me choose the parts i want!

So i chose a demon head with a girls body. Those were worth the bucks!!!

Funny thing, you were about 10 and spontaneously mimmicked a baphomet when you had the freedom to choose the parts you want. I wonder if your parents thought that way lol.

I think you're mentioning the old megablocks toyline series called "Dragons" where it has orcs, humans, and dragons with castle playsets. I used to have them but decided to sell a bunch of them for life.

Megablocks also bought a license from Blizzard to produce a World of Warcraft toys.

What I don't like about Megablocks is that most of their stuff isn't giving you enough imagination to make your own junk like Lego. Since they combine few bricks and a lot of action figures as their primary asset.

Oh, I didn't really recall if that was Blizzard licensed or not. I wonder how there is always someone willing to buy old toys, in this case, outdated megablocks sets. I mean if it was Lego, which has all the hype, I would understand it more easily, we all know there are dedicated Lego collectors around.

Level 7
wow I didnt expect this many responses but yea I remember working with lego aswell they had those dragons lego or what ever I would have fun with that aswell.
When I said I made starcraft and warcraft building etc I would use the 8x2 blocks as base and just pile it up for the human town hall and at this time I was basing all my block units etc on warcraft 2 so it was very easy to recreate. Starcraft was near impossible I made a hive once and wow it looked stupid... Plus I broke 5 megablocks creating it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.