• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

old warcraft 3 starcraft total converison campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Does anyone remember this map series called 'atcala campaign" or something? I don't know when I played it, it must have been in like 2008? I want to say it was a word that sounded like Atlanta.

It was dubbed a TC, and there was 2 levels, one of them was a bit like belly of the beast in SC2, you had some marines, a limited number of turrets, etc. It was very well detailed and looked kinda like SC2 did, but way before SC2 was released. The other one was driving around with some vultures or whatever, I did not really like the map itself but it looked good.. the cave one was excellent however.

IIRC it was based on some French starcraft fan fiction (Never read it, just played the map). I wanted to see it because I am playing SC2 for the first time (late I know), and I am a bit let down by the belly of the beast mission because I remembered that old WC3 map did SC2 interior better then SC2 did. I want to say he did like all the models, so the marines did not look like the standard WC3 marine, but high quality. I almost feel like Blizzard made the belly of the beast map based on that map, but downgraded it (it was extremely hard, I saved through it). I want to say it was a epic TC, but I did some map work before, and I imagine it was a insane amount of work to get what that guy had.

I want to say I remember the map maker was a french guy. I have NO memory of where I got it from. I also want to say whatever discussion I found about it linked to maybe fanfiction.net SC stuff.. to jog anyones memory. The map maker had MAXIMUM OCD when it came to visual quality. It looked like the best you can do with WC3 without changing the engine.

the SC2 belly of the beast map feels a bit noobed down unfortunately.. like deus ex 2 compared to deus ex 1. And it may have been in french

I want to say the premise was something along the lines of settlers being lost/seperated from the known terran universe (like project Seed in Trigun anime) and establing some kind of civilization some where out in the fringes, then coming across the zerg.. but I might be making this up.

Last edited:
Level 1
does anyone know how to make it run? I tried to run the file as you used to, and it does not show up. I tried to run the map from the map editor and it crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.