• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oinkerwinkle's Geoset Translation not working

Level 2
I'm trying to upscale a custom model, but whenever I use Oinkerwinkle's Geoset Translation tool and then I open the model with MME, the model is not there at all. Am I doing something wrong? I'd be satisfied with another way to just upscale the model without breaking anything (not in worldedit, of course) I tried using Retera's Model Studio, but I can't get it to work, I get a bunch of errors before I can even begin.

Thanks in advance!

Level 5
Hey, I had the same problems when downloading Retera, kept getting multiple errors, but then I went to the discord and they helped me resolve the issues. I suggest you do the same, also they will help you to upscale your model. I don't know how many people still use Oinkerwinkle tools nowadays, so not a lot of help with that.

Oinkerwinkle's tools are how I learned to make custom models 20+ years ago. Unfortunately, since I haven't seen any sign of Oinkerwinkle himself, I would assume that these tools only work on version 800 model files. That means it wouldn't work to use Reforged Classic models, for example, since they are in a new format.

Where are you sourcing your models from before using the translator?

Edit:

I am also the person who helped run Retera Model Studio on discord in this case probably. It sounds like a few user(s) have been experiencing an issue on the latest version of Retera Model Studio where the program will not run unless the user installs Java:
If you are OK with installing things I would be interested if installing that fixes the issue. Basically the idea would be to download Eclipse Temurin JDK 17 or at least JRE 17, from here: Latest Releases | Adoptium
No idea if that was the same issue you were facing or not, though.

Last edited: