• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Odd Model Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I have imported a custom model into my map. Whenever this model attacks, a death sound of some kind of unit is played (I think its a potm death sound). Why is this sound played on the unit's attack animation and how can I remove it? Thanks.

Level 8
Are you sure it's the model? Is POTM by any chance the unit missile of the unit using the model?

I don't know much about modeling but i believe models come with file paths in them to the sounds they use. That model is for some reason linked to potm's death on attack. If it's ripped from some other game you'll probably have to edit the path files otherwise maybe they go to potm's death by default for some reason? I know this idea is kinda out there but it's the only conclusion i can derive from your given information.

Level 16
The unit I am using does not have any projectiles. The sound "Wood Heavy Bash" is played upon attack (according to the object editor). The model consists of an mdx file and a blp file as stated below.

Model\Ultralisk\ultralisk.mdx
Model\Ultralisk\ultralisk.blp

I opened up the model in war3 Model Editor (tool i found on the hive workshop) and played the unit's animations. No sounds played upon viewing the animations. Not sure if thats very relevant though...

Level 8
If you have the Magos Model Editor (which can be downloaded here, for free), go open the model, then click on the Node Manager.
You should have a tree view of stuff about the model like bones, etc. One of these is a "Snd****".
You could edit that to suit your timing (when the unit actually dies), or just delete it if you're not sure how or you just want to remove the sound altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.