• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Different Attack (gunshot) Sounds for same Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have the marine model (with no weapon attachments etc..) I attachead a flamer gun to this imported marine model; removed its' gyrochopper attack sound via war3 model editor (using node manager thing). Since this unit's projectile sound is enough as a weapon sound, I didn't bother any longer.
Next, I imported a pistol model and attached to same model; saved it as another unit (in object editor). Now I need to add weapon sound for this unit. But:
1-) Triggering the sound for each attack is a problematic one...
2-) I could add the sound via node manager, but then I had to import the marine model again as a different model file and that would make my map size so much larger (because there will be 6-7 other kinds of weapon holding units =D)
3-) Some say, it is possible to import a new sound file and change the pathway to make war3 recognize imported sound file as "attack sound". But no one is talking about how it is done =)
So help me out with the sitiuation please =)
Thanks in advance.

Level 22
Number 2 would be the easiest. But like you said, it will take up some space.

About number 3, you can replace internal sound files (Sound Editor, right click file, replace internal sound). Just make sure you replace a sound file none of your other units are using.

Know that the sound you're replacing it with should be a mono .wav file.

Status
Not open for further replies.