• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Combat Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have three different units based on the marine. I know I can replace the attack sounds of the first marine unit by making a sound called GyrocopterImpactHit1/2.wav and importing it to the correct path. But there are still other marines who should use different sounds (e.g. one is a rifleman, one is a machine gunner). How can I change the sound that the machine gunner uses so that I can have these different combat sounds attached to each unit?

By the way, I tried to trigger the sounds, but they appear not to overlap, thus creating a bizarre environment.

Thanks.

Level 5
The projectile doesn't seem to have anything to do with it, although projectiles can have sounds attached to them. Changing the unit sound set will do nothing as marines are a special unit; Blizzard didn't make a separate sound set for them, so they use the gyrocopter's attack sounds.

Edit: Now that I think of it, having a projectile with a sound attached to it could be a good idea. I don't know how to attach sounds to models though,

Level 25
Actually it does. Just edited the marine a minute back.

In case you don't believe me, the model is attached to this - you may notice that the attack sound has been changed to that of a Frost Wyrm.

Attachments

• EditedMarine.mdx
    81.6 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.