• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello Hiveworkshop community, I seem to be having some problems with the object editor. To give a general description of the situation, I am attempting to give the PUMA model (a model which I accquired from the model section) the attack sound of a machine gun. My origional thoughts were to give it a rapid fire attack, with the sound of the rifleman, however after creating a mimic rifleman, and changing the model used to PUMA, the sound would not function. So after various confirmation of this anomoly (spelling?) I decided, instead, to use the space marine's attack sound. But again, the same issue occured. Does anyone have a solution on how to get this to work, or possibly a different solution? Any sound will do, so long as it is like a machine gun. Thanks, :grin:

Level 7
So, I think I'm leaning towards a different sound, though could you go a bit further in your suggestion? For example, if the sound is assciociated with the unit, then how how could I access it, and use it in a trigger?
Edit: after some experimentation I have come up with this:
Unit-a unit is attacked
(unit type of (attacking unit)) equal to PUMA
Action:
This is what I can't figure out. my only option is to play the "last played sound,'' and I can't seem to select a sound.

Step 1: Help 11.jpg
Step 2:
  • Sound Effects
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Set TempLocA = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Sound - Play RiflemanAttack1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at TempLocA with Z offset 50.00
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLocA)

Level 7
Step 1:View attachment 53794
Step 2:
  • Sound Effects
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempLocA = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Sound - Play RiflemanAttack1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at TempLocA with Z offset 50.00
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLocA)

Would you...um...happen to kow the location of the space marine?:cute:

Level 7
Rightclick the gyrocoptor attack sound, and tell it to "use as sound"
Then in the:
change RiflemanAttack1 with GyrocoptorImpactHit1

Thanks a bunch! its working! However, when a second PUMA begins attacking, there is no sound produced, any ideas?

Level 7
Well did you change Footman in that to your unit? And check to make sure that your using Attacking unit

The sound is working fine for a Puma, but when another PUMA also attacks (while the otehr PUMA is attacking) there is no effect.

Level 13
BTW i have variables of some sounds and none is working
  • Untitled Trigger 004
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing S as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play GromPissed3 <gen>
      • Sound - Destroy (Last played sound)
      • Sound - Play LightningBolt1 <gen>
      • Sound - Destroy (Last played sound)
its not 3D sound too..,did that ever happen to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.