• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Marine Firing Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This question has to do with Talon the Mage's marine models.

I am trying to figure out a way to make it so that the Marines actually make a sound when they fire. Right now, on my map, attacking infantry make no sounds. Is there a way to easily do this, apart from playing the rifleman attack sound every time a unit attacks?

Level 9
Hm. I'll try it out. Thanks!

Edit - Well, after reading it, I don't believe it can work for two reasons: I am using a custom model, and am unable to find a file for its sounds; each marine uses a different soundset and it would be difficult to change all of them. And for the second solution it gives, the weapon sounds that blizzard has does not include projectile sounds.

Level 6
Replace one of the attack type sounds like wood medium bash with something like the gyrocopters attack. Then set unit attack 1 sound to wood medium bash and it should be what your looking for.

I attached an example to prove it works. the beastmaster attacks with the replaced sound

Last edited:
Level 9
Replace one of the attack type sounds like wood medium bash with something like the gyrocopters attack. Then set unit attack 1 sound to wood medium bash and it should be what your looking for.

I attached an example to prove it works. the beastmaster attacks with the replaced sound

Thanks! The only problem I believe with replacing the attack sounds in that manner is that it requires quite a bit of import space because I have to replace the sounds for Wood Medium Bash vs each kind of "armor type." (Eg. Wood Medium Bash vs Flesh 1, Wood Medium Bash vs Flesh 2, etc)

Level 5
is it a projectile attack with attack type missile? because if it is, there should bea sound for it depending on the projectile. if the projectile is the rifleman projectile, it will make that sound, but that is if it's counted as a ranged attack and attack type is missile, it will use the sound attached to the projectile model u r using...

Level 9
is it a projectile attack with attack type missile? because if it is, there should bea sound for it depending on the projectile. if the projectile is the rifleman projectile, it will make that sound, but that is if it's counted as a ranged attack and attack type is missile, it will use the sound attached to the projectile model u r using...

See, the problem is, I'm using a custom model as a projectile (bullets) which obviously was not tied to a sound file. So, when the bullets come out, they don't make a sound. And yes, it is attack type missile.

Already asked this in a thread 1 page back.

Not quite the same question, though I think that solution may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.