• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No attack sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi again,
I'm using Talon the Mage's models of marine and i'm attatching the weapons he created. My problem is that they dont have attack sounds included like marines and i dont want to use basic sounds like wood or metal for example for flamethrower weapon :/. Is there a way to make attacking units sound shooting ?

Level 11
Hi again,
I'm using Talon the Mage's models of marine and i'm attatching the weapons he created. My problem is that they dont have attack sounds included like marines and i dont want to use basic sounds like wood or metal for example for flamethrower weapon :/. Is there a way to make attacking units sound shooting ?

You could always just edit the model yourself and attach a sound in Magos...

Alternatively, You could use an ability that activates on each attack and change the effect sound for the ability in the object editor. You could also trigger the sound yourself for each attack, but that would be, well... let's just say triggering sounds has some issues.

Last edited:
Level 4
I made critical strike with dmg x 1 and 100% chance but sounds effects in game dont include shooting sounds because this dwarven unit with rifle has attack sound in the model not external (i hope u can understand what i wanna say :S) and i can only choose sounds like wood bash metal chop and so on :/

Level 11
I made critical strike with dmg x 1 and 100% chance but sounds effects in game dont include shooting sounds because this dwarven unit with rifle has attack sound in the model not external (i hope u can understand what i wanna say :S) and i can only choose sounds like wood bash metal chop and so on :/

I'm not sure, but you might be able to replace the sound path of your external sound to the one of the internal one. Worth a try, in any case.

Level 4
The part i did not understood is how to change the sound path for my external sound to the path for an internal one because i dont know how to get marine attack sound.

Now, when i open the node manager i see some things like "bone foot right" and that stuff cant find EventObjects.

Level 6
The part i did not understood is how to change the sound path for my external sound to the path for an internal one because i dont know how to get marine attack sound.

Now, when i open the node manager i see some things like "bone foot right" and that stuff cant find EventObjects.

Not tryin to be mean. >_> Just sayin... That grunt avatar is lookin a bit more like a personification.

Level 4
Not tryin to be mean. >_> Just sayin... That grunt avatar is lookin a bit more like a personification.

You spit shit from your mouth that you dont want to be mean and you just offend me.
You spam this topic and not even help me but offend me only so go eat your spam and die.
That isn't grunt mofo it's raider.

And for my problem,
Uh i opened the downloaded marine model....
As for the default one, i dont know how to export the attack sound

Status
Not open for further replies.