• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oblivion Map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well i know that Elmo's ready to make some units, so me and elmo could start making some units now, and balance them later when we know more about the overall balance.

We would just put them on the middle of the map or in some corner and decide later where start placing them? Or how does it work :p ?

That would be great :) You have MSN or any other kind of IM? Much more productive to talk that way, than over PM

Level 8
err.... a question: there are only versions without anything. maybe we slaydon should actual. his download

Level 8
i mean, at the first post there is a download, but we all added something didn´t we? so where is all this? shouldn´t we put this together in one map?

Level 4
Slaydon, I have one main question regarding this project.

It is vitally important to figure out if this is for multiplayer or single use. This aspect will determine the whole direction of the map as a single player campaign could have linked maps (eg. The Imperial City is a map itself).

So what are the positives and negatives to both aspects.

Single Player
+Large Amount of Custom Imports Allowed
+Expansive Zones and Split Maps with different tilesets.
-No real social interaction other then with npcs.
=Final Comment= Must be heavily story driven to give player any real impact.

Multiplayer
+Obviously social interaction is a huge bonus.
+PvP can be implemented in arenas.
-Map Size is Limited to Epic and a small amount of tiles.
-Not many custom models/textures can be used.
=Final Comment= Save/Load Codes are a must, like the system in TBR.

What are you going to choose? You need to decide now before you begin work on the map.

Level 4
So, this is a campaign map?. Cool.

Hey Slaydon, im good with triggers and i can make Basic GUI spells (as you already know).

If you want you can request Basic GUI spells from me, and I can make all triggers leakless\laggless.

I can help too if you need any help ;). I'm supposed to do units, but i think DudeSpirit has greater knowledge of th enpc's in Oblivion than me :)

Level 9
I love oblivion :D. hehe, downloaded and played for like a month and then my comp got broken and never bothered downloading it again (I think it is because it takes alot of size).

Well anyways, I can try to help with skins/icons and GUI (if you want GUI).

heh

Level 6
By the way, are we all working on this map or do we wait for the project recruitment to finish and then get together and get it all clear? I was thinking that we could have form a Hamachi -network or something like that to interact better.

I've never been into bigger projects like this one, only some individual projects, or with some friends.

I've done some units, but i'll pick up the pace if needed?

Level 20
Count me in. Is it everything like Oblivion? You start in the dungeon,fight bandits and rats, and then you go outside to open world?

Yes, it is :)

I can attach everything if you want

Its not like attaching, you need to create the item with stats ++

By the way, are we all working on this map or do we wait for the project recruitment to finish and then get together and get it all clear? I was thinking that we could have form a Hamachi -network or something like that to interact better.

I've never been into bigger projects like this one, only some individual projects, or with some friends.

I've done some units, but i'll pick up the pace if needed?

I think w need to setup an Hamachi team

Level 1
I would like to join your map making, even though I'm new to map making, I can spend 5 hours everyday learning what to do to improve Oblivion, and yes I do know what Oblivion is

Level 9
Hello, everybody. Slaydon has assigned me as the director of this project. Slaydon's working to update a FP camera that I made using a tutorial [thx to whoever did the tutorial, + rep as soon as he's back], and I'm making a brief demo I think and will probably release it an hour after Slaydon brings back the camera system. However, this means we'll need to solve how to have arrow key movement and a fp camera which turns. Probably with chat commands. I'm thinking on having no fog of war, just a close locked camera which is either third person or first person - or switchable.
EDIT: Eh, screw the demo I'm being sucky with it - anyway, can someone step in or something to make the FP camera from the tutorial? I'll get a link.
EDIT 2: ...Well, looks like only conversation on this is the 20-something messages that Slaydon sent me in like 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello, looking at the map and truly enjoyed Oblivion on my Xbox so thought I should help. I can do pretty much anything and I am pretty good at GUI and basically everything. Just assign me something if you would like. I could try the first person camera thing as well.

Level 20
Okay, so i updated it with a first person camera, you need to write -cam1/2 to get it to work atm, would change it to Tab. and there is some bugs for the bridges, but i will change the model file of the bridges to Flat ones, but some bridges need to be triggered

~Slaydon

Level 9
You'll need JASS, probably. Or, go borrow a system from Spells like Window System.
EDIT: Omfg, we did the post at same time! I did Post and yours came up when mine did!

Level 9
Oh like that, hey I'll give you a protip: Do;t use blizzard cliffs but make your own by increasing ground height, adding rock texture and puttng pathing blockers there. It looks so much better.

Also: Don't spam doodads or you'll run out of space, I know there are ways to go around the limit but it's suggested not to, as size will get to big.

Indeed, your right.
EDIT: Yahs, I know extremely limited JASS, plus it makes bullshit mistakes, the syntax checker for WE.
EDIT 2: Also Airandius, we're making a campaign so it can be big.
EDIT 3: Hey, what Forum categories shall we have? At the moment, there's general discussion, Requests, and Join the Project.

Level 1
Still you need to sort out how you gonna put all of these in:
Strength Blade Blunt Hand to Hand
Endurance Armorer Block Heavy Armor
Speed Athletics Acrobatics Light Armor
Agility Security Sneak Marksman
Personality Mercantile Speechcraft Illusion
Intelligence Alchemy Conjuration Mysticism
Willpower Alteration Destruction Restoration

Level 9
Of course, the houses/shops vary with town. And I'd love to see signs, they're great and directive in Oblivion. And to see them in FP in warcraft, hah, that'd be great.

Level 4
Sicne this is a campaign, what if we made 1 map be the imperial city(or a part of it). ? Then we could make several shops more like the game. Ex, a circle of power which teleports you to its respective shop(area). Then you make small shops inside with models of the person who sell this in the real Oblivion

Level 3
Slaydon your FP camera system, if you want to make it jass just make sure you get rid of those bj's things because its just same as GUI if you still use bj's function in jass and 1 more about camera rotation rate i think it would look better if we follow the turn rate of picked unit.

Level 3
Just get new gen WE you will find really easy on this. especially when you know using vjass.

Status
Not open for further replies.