• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tears of Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
TEARS OF OBLIVION
Tears of Oblivion will be an Altered Melee Strategy game with 2 teams and a maximum of 12 players (max. of 6 players per team). Tears of Oblivion will have more than 8 races that can be played. Each race will have unique features and advantages. Also, the 4 main races in Warcraft 3 (humans, orcs, undeads and n.e.s) will also be playable, but will have changes. The terrain will be based on Warcraft3's "Dungeon" tileset.

PROJECT
  • Because I lack knowledge in JASS and vJASS, GUI is what this project needs. Still, if you want to use JASS and vJASS, help me learn more about it so that the project will be better.
  • "More effects and models are better.":thumbs_down: Models are required (esp. for units and structures), but we need to choose a suitable and low filesized model.
  • The project will provide more and better races and features as the project develops continuously.

WHAT THE PROJECT NEEDS

• Terrainers - Will do the dungeon-themed terrain. Apply props and trees and will fix locations.
  • Coders - Will do the triggers/scripts. Can also check and fix others' triggers/scripts.
  • Balancers - Will make an improvement in the project through balancing every single unit.
  • Modellers - Will provide low-filesized models to provide the project compatible models.
  • Unit Makers - Will create units/buildings through Object Editor.
  • Idea Providers - Will provide the team with ideas that can make the project more interesting.
  • Writer - Will give the history and features of each race inside the "F9 button". NOTE: This must be done in Trigger Editor.
Everyone can choose a work they want to do in the team, but if they will do more work, it will be better. :grin:

THE TEAM

• Must stay active
  • Ideas must be approved by at least 4 team members first
  • Don't do anything that is inappropriate
  • Please share your ideas

PLAYABLE RACES

• Human
  • Orc
  • Undead
  • NE
  • Naga
  • Demon/ Fel
  • Troll (Separated from Orcs)
  • More...
  • (You can create your own)

WHY JOIN THE TEAM?

Tears of Oblivion wants to provide a great experience to gamers, especially to Melee-map fans. Also, because Melee/ Altered Melee games, if not dead, is dying then Tears of Oblivion wants to "resurrect" it. It also wants to expand the experience of gamers in "Warcraft" so that they will find Warcraft more interesting.
Also, I cannot do this project alone. I'm losing ideas and creativity while the project is being made. Joining this project's team will really give me dedication on making this project awesome. And I'm targeting a "Director's Cut" or "Recommended" Moderator's Comment just like some of you guys. Please do help me if you dream big just like me. If not but still want to help, then help me. :thumbs_up:

“Success is guaranteed to those who dare to dream, are courageous enough to be devoted to their dreams, and have the determination to realise them. If you think you have these three qualities, then I welcome you to the club of SUCCESS!”
― Vishwas Chavan, Vishwasutras: Universal Principles for Living: Inspired by Real-Life Experiences

If you guys have questions or is interested please MSG me at Facebook or leave a quick reply here.

https://www.facebook.com/Cabal.lngxD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.