• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oblivion Map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Oblivion - The Elder Scrolls

Hi, im Slaydon and im currently seeking more members to work with my map, ive finished the terrain area, but not all of it, im like 3% done with terrain. If you press Test Map you will see what ive done.

HOSTED FORUM

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/oblivion-map-618/

This is the team

Dmazz
Sabelion
Slaydon
DarkLordX
Bw59
Nurga
DudeSpirit
Elmo
Wraith
f0rsAk3n
Reaper2008
Joss
FleshBaron

- Slaydon

Feel free to ask about joining the team, we need as many we can.

Last edited:
Level 3
i cant get to install newgen since it says its a virus, wich is not true so i cant test it, possible to make withouth vJass?

Yes it is possible to make in jass but not in GUI cause don't really good in that.

Level 17
Oh like that, hey I'll give you a protip: Do;t use blizzard cliffs but make your own by increasing ground height, adding rock texture and puttng pathing blockers there. It looks so much better.

Also: Don't spam doodads or you'll run out of space, I know there are ways to go around the limit but it's suggested not to, as size will get to big.

Level 17
Perhaps, but it'll have to wait after my exams. :p
They start 18 may. They end somewhere after 3 weeks IF I pass. :p

If my own projects or those of my friends don't drain all my time I'll be happy to help.
But you don't know if I'm a good terrainer. :p
The only map I ever finished has a triggered terrain after all. :p

Jk. If you need proof I'll give it. xD

Level 8
Items...

If you need somebody for items just ask me^^ Just tell me which items you want to have.

EDIT: I tested the Map and i will tell you something:
1. The Cam ist shit. It´s no near on the buttom. So i can´t see many.
2. There isn´t done many i know^^
3. If i create your items, give me some information about what to do. I will create them in another map and send you the Item-Datas. Just answer :) I also use attachments in my WoW-Map so i know how to do this^^

Last edited:
Level 8
Mh ive very cool models cause iam working on my wow map. i will create some start items, to show you. And pls change the camera :grin:

i hate arrow systems...you lose arrows while attacking with a sword...or with nothing or you can shoot a bow without arrows .... This sucks :/

Just btw: You know attachments are tanking some space huh?
Ok. Check it out!

Attachments

• ITEMS.w3x
    382.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Level 20
I luv the items, but the bow and arrow wont work, he is just attacking with hes Bow, and no arrows (EDIT: Is coming out)
And it shouldnt be equal to hero, equal to ranged attacker :D
And why should i change the cam?

EDIT2: and can you please put it on the Oblivion map?

Level 8
So, iam happy you like the items :) Iam not good with the arrow/bos system i just got the arrows....:thumbs_down:
Maybe someone can help us with this.
I will download the map again to put them in. but now iam busy sry
Because i don´t know what you mean with "And it shouldnt be equal to hero, equal to ranged attacker" (iam german^^)
i cannot answer.
Cam: You can´t see very much just hero and bottom :/ maybe the people should see the terrain, the lsndscape, if u understand what i mean.

Level 8
oh yes^^ i forgot to put the trigger in, will change that later. iam not as good on triggering, i can´t do such a thing :( maybe ask somebody.
Please don´t create new items, because i will do them at another map and importing them in this one. I will erease the dl now, you can refresh your own.

Level 3
Hey slaydon i just learn GUI. Here the spell i make and i also edit a little on tiger arrow system to look more better i think..

Attachments

• Spell1WithArrowSys.w3x
    34.6 KB · Views: 46
Level 2
Hey man, if this is a serious project i'll join. I'm very good at GUI and good at terraining and unit creation. I also can make pretty good custom spells :) Just PM me if you need my help.

Level 8
hi Carty. Maybe you can post me some ideas/tooltips for items, if you want to help. so you can create the items with too

Level 2
So, can i join this project? I've helped make some RPG's, and I'm really good at GUI triggering. :D Just reply back if you want me to help.

Edit: I made part of the map if you guys want to see it.

Last edited:
Level 9
I'll sign for quality assurance, for Oblivion similarities etc I'll play Oblivion, you tell me a terrain you're working on e.g place around Inn of Ill Omen and I'll tell you about what goes there etc. This is a campaign right? I'll do polishing once its finished and minimap and colorcodes/spelling/grammar. Etc.

Level 20
Im currently considering if its going to be a campagin, or multiplayer, but if its Campaign, we would get alot more place for the Starter place and caves. And you can just start wherever you want, and you migth make something better on the Imperial City.

Level 2
I think you should keep it multiplayer but still add a main quest. So, there is still an ultimate goal like in the real game. But you can still roam around the map freely and kill things.

Level 6
Hi!
I could work with Elmo with the units, i have a 2 years experience of TES: Oblivion, and i still play it occasionally. I don't have so much experience on modding the looks of the units, but i can work with the unit names, and the skills they have. (Example, Xivilai, a powerful Daedran that can cast fireball and summon Clannfears.)

Level 20
Okay, you can do that, but first off all (since your new here) Do you got experiences with Models, Sounds? And you dont need tooltips, just do the names, and modelling and place them. And if you know triggering. You migth add a waypoint.

In other news: Is there a possibility to create Names in the corner, Custom image: (Yes im a pro painter in Paint :mwahaha:)

Lawl.jpg
EDIT: Like in this corner (From Gamespy) with the Spy logo.

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20060721070205776-000.jpg

Level 6
I can add some units to that Oblivion test map, and you can check them out. Hold on.
I don't know about that if u can make the names appear in the corner. Btw i found that oblivion social group but there is no 'Join' button or anything like that ?

Level 8
the join button is at the right top very small :) i got in

EDIT: Please Message me if i should work on items (i will reply here then you´ve to wait for my item import)

Level 6
Okay, so i gave u the example of the unit Xivilai, so here's the unit.

I didn't really modify the stats like dmg etc because i don't know the overall balance yet, you know. (It is at level 20 as it is on Oblivion)

It is Red's unit so that you can see the abilitys, of course, normally it would be Neutral Hostile.

Its an imported module.

On oblivion, this unit can drop ebony weapons (Axe), or Daedra Heart, which is used on alchemy. (Health restoration) But i just figured its not my job to make what it drops right?

O yes, these guys should also have a passive ability which gives a small percentage to block a spell, but i don't know how to do that :)

And i know this module is quite small sized, but i just wanted a different look to it.

Attachments

• Oblivion Map.w3x
    353.2 KB · Views: 40
Level 6
Well i know that Elmo's ready to make some units, so me and elmo could start making some units now, and balance them later when we know more about the overall balance.

We would just put them on the middle of the map or in some corner and decide later where start placing them? Or how does it work :p ?

Level 8
mkay iam going to work on the items :grin:
To do also:
-Normal Sword/Shield
-A magic Staff with skull on it (i have an attachment like this? :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.