• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Object Editor trouble with collisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello Hive.

I created a new unit based off a farm and then realised I needed to change the facing angle dynamicly and so I unchecked 'IsABuilding'.

As you know doing so removes the pathing map option but now the unit has no collisions regardless of how I alter the collision size.

What's going on?

Also, could someone please define these fields:
  1. Occluder Height
  2. Orientation Interpolation

Thanks.

N.B. Most fields are at present default for the unit, I have only changed the model to be the Statue Shieldless (base).

Level 30
Try to change following:

Pathing - Pathing Map
Pathing - Colition Size

Occluder Height is a real value that if it is set to a non-zero value, it will cause other nearby units/buildings/heroes to have their lines of sight obstructed by presence of unit that is using occluder height. Flying units or heroes do not suffer from this effect.

uniteditor4.jpg

Left image, Occluder Height is bigger than 0.
Right image is when Occluder is 0.

Level 8
Try to change following:

Pathing - Pathing Map
Pathing - Colition Size

As I said, the field for Pathing map is only for buildings, this is a unit. Changing the collision size doesn't seem to affect it.

Thanks for the definition of occluder height that could come in handy.

I will try basing from a unit instead of basing from a building and turning it into a unit.

Level 11
You're trying to edit a building to behave like a unit. Why don't you try changing the model of a unit to make it look like a building? ;)

Level 8
You wanna rotate only the farms? There's a gameplay constant (that can be edited) that is the Default Building Facing (270 degrees), but that would rotate everything.
Also, you can create a unit with farm model and set it's speed and turn rate to 0 and movement type to none. Maybe that works

Level 8
Thanks for the ideas. THis is what I found:

Pocket Factory is an exception because it is natively a unit and so the game creates a pathing texture beneath it when it enters the game. I also didn't find a way to remove that either. No go.

It seems basing from a unit is necessary because somehow the collisions on a building are linked to its pathing map, which disappears when it is changed to a unit.

Once again I have to hold my hands up. Damn, you got me again Blizzard -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.