• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nuclear Tag 1.4.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Angry
Reactions: bounty hunter2
Build a base to protect yourself from the endless swarms of mutants that roam the land. Either shoot down or build towers to do the dirty work for you to stem off overwhelming numbers. Build flak towers to shoot down any incoming tactical nukes and
watch your corruption gauge (mana) and reduce it through a Cathedral or purification items. Good luck!

Quick Feature List:
8 different enemy units, 10 hero classes, 31 items, 53 buildings.
Hero XP gained differently for each class (i.e. when the medic heals).
Soul Fragment System, which unlock hidden buildings.
Load/Save codes, to save collected soul fragments.
Cinematic tutorial, minigames, end cinematic.
Differing play style for runners and protectors.
"Random" nuking of the map.
Enemies spawn from the edges of the map.
Tagger hero class optional.
Corruption (mana) system.
Several difficulty levels (normal is strongly recommended).
Extensive command list (with more coming).
Difficulty scales with the number of players.
More information in quests.
Multiboard with handy information.
And more! (that I have forgotten for the moment).

Upcoming:
More minigames.
Custom skins?
2 new hero classes.

147731-albums1432-picture10847.png

147731-albums1432-picture10848.png

147731-albums1432-picture10849.png

147731-albums1432-picture10850.png

[!] This map is protected

Keywords:
Nuclear, Tag, Zombies, Bombs, Nukes, Radiation, Marines, Armageddon, Apocalypse, Defense, Survival
Contents

Nuclear Tag 1.4.4 (Map)

Reviews
13:48, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Average map. But its pretty hard, The idea is really cool.
Terrain: The terrain suck. I was expecting something like after a nuclear holocaust: a completely destroyed city. That would give some places so players could hide from the mutants. This terrain is just a hill, with a river and some trees. It doesnt looks that a nuclear disaster happened there.
Once again I say, the map is A WAY TO HARD!!!! I always die after 2 mins.

Overhall: 3/5
Nice idea, but could be better.

Level 7
The terrain starts fertile, but quickly changes into that of a nuclear wasteland around the bases due to nukes and mutants, as you can see the shift between the runner screenshot and the protector screenshot. The doodads are also all destructible, other than the terrain, you really don't back up "what could be better." Because it is too hard? If you are dying in the first two minutes, you are doing something wrong... base like the tutorial looks like, or the images I posted on this resource, play it a little like sheep tag and kodo tag combined. You can change the difficulty also... type -difficulty before the game starts.

Level 3
I like the map.

Bug1: you can trap other players around non-barricade items and they can get out, unless you destroy buildings.

Bug2: Medic does not have a starting save. (purge was in that slot)

Bug3: Ending cinematic comes too fast... Must preemptively hit -rematch. Also doesn't leave time to chat with the user for remakes or new games. (I'd suggest an option to view ending cinematic)

Bug4: You can not rematch after winning on a lower difficulty.

Bug5: Spike trap upgrades do not reset the 2 minute death timer.

Personal Preference: don't use that Earth fire thunder WTF song... Its over played and nobody really likes it anymore.

Damage classes are weak.

Last edited:
Level 7
First of all, thanks for playing. Now to business...

The first bug really isnt a bug, you can either teleport out, if you still have teleport, or you can build on top of yourself to jump out of the area that you are stuck in.

The Medic is supposed to have a save whenever a person dies... however I knew about the bug and will fix it when I get around to it.

There's about a 7 second period before the end cinematic comes, in which you can either type -rematch, or -re, so unless you are a REALLY slow typer or mess up quite a bit, you should have enough time, but I will consider increasing it.

Bug 4 isn't a bug. You can't rematch after a win at all. The reasoning behind this is to force them to rehost it for more people.

Bug 5... yeah... I knew they didn't, but i didn't find it that much of a problem, I guess I could have them reset.

True for the song.

Damage classes (I assume you mean marines) are fine, until you get into the harder difficulties, but for normal and easy they are good.

Level 3
When it'll be fixed? I really like this map, but bugs are bad.
Ah, I found next bug which I'm using. :]
Research in mini game, build shitload of buildings and level up!
Research, rematch and you don't have to research again!
Ah, one more thing. Soulevents, yeah. But why I can't load soulevents? Collecting 80souls, and I have just the buildings, not even the dmg upgrade. Please do something about it.

Level 7
I'll get around to fixing it. The researches... have always been a problem, I haven't figured out how to return them back to level one.

You can't load non-building soul events because it would make your load code crazy big and your hero overpowered. Say you load 20 soul events that increase damage... you could one shot anything.