• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Noughts and Crosses, MSN Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
While evading homework by talking to Mecheon over MSN, I was messing arround with the box character (, it can be found by using practically any Alt character code in MSN), we accidentaly invented MSN noughts and crosses. The first game went something like this:

Me:

O

Mech:
X
O

Me:
OX
O

Mech:
OX
O
X

Me:
OX
OO
X

Mech:
OX
XOO
X

Me:
OOX
XOO
X

Mech:
OOX
XOO
XX

Me:
OOX
XOO
OXX

As you can see the terrible battle ended in a draw. Realising that it was one of the most perfectly off-topic things I have ever done, I rushed here to post word of it.

-*meow*

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

In America it's called Tic Tac Toe.

Level 24
In Winnipeg, Manitoba, Tic-Tac-Toe is also used. Anyways, I saw the diagram and assumed Tic-Tac-Toe v Noughts and Crosses is just vernacular. If you think about it, Noughts and Crosses makes more sense (nought = nothing = 0 = O, crosses = † = + = X).

Level 36
Rofl. I had to make an X's and O's (most people call it here, between that and tic-tac-toe) game in my programming class. I didn't know that the magic square had anything to do with a simple game lol. It was pretty awesome though. If you aren't an idiot, ands you're playing against an evenly matched player, you can never win. For example, for my program to get a good mark, the AI had to be unbeatable. This was very easy to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.