• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not Dead, Just disfigured...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I could still 3d model, my graphics card was fried, but not destroyed. My screen was distorted horribly when playing wc III. I have a new gfx card now, geforce 7600... though it is too loud for my liking :(

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A transformer is a piece of electrical equipment that changes the quantity of energy that electrons have to a more pratical form. Obviously it losses energy when doing so as heat and reduces the quantity of current inorder to get the enrergy (energy has to come from somewhere). 1 volt electricity means that every electron has 1J of energy, 2.5V = 2.5J per electron and so on. Current is the flow of electrons through in 1 second (A). Charge is the total amount of electrons that passed in a given time (C). Do not quote me on any of this since I am still learning it.

Well anyway, a transformer exploding WOULD NOT fry your graphic card since the computers power supply is more lightly to to blow up before the card. Also if it did fry your Gcard, then your motherboard would have taken damage as well due to it opperating at an even lower voltage and current than the Gcard and thus is more sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.