1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Northshire Abbey

Submitted by Stormshock
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Stormshock Presents

Northshire Abbey

Created by Stormshock

Map information:

After finishing your basic class training, you just arrived at Northshire Abbey where your first task is waiting for you. Northshire Abbey is a part of Elwynn Forest, which is located in the Human kingdoms. So it is most likely that you will play as a Human.
The goal of this map is to complete quests like in "World Of Warcraft (WoW)". This is also the game where my idea came from. Although the name of the area is from WoW, every quest and all unit names in this map are made up by me.
When you start this map, you must choose a Hero. In the following paragraph the Human heroes will be explained. After choosing a hero, you have to choose a difficulty (easy, normal or hard) and a mode (softcore or hardcore). These two modes came from "Diablo III". Softcore means that you revive after you have died and hardcore means that you only have one life. This means that you will not be revived after you have died.

Human heroes:

In this map you can choose between four heroes; mage, paladin, warlock and warrior. Mages uses the power of fire and frost to neutralize their enemies. Paladins uses the holy light to protect their allies and vanquish those who are evil. Warlocks uses the power of shadow and demons to destroy their enemies. Warriors uses powerful weapons to slaughter his enemies.
All four heroes have two passive spells (aura's and self buffs) and four active spells (both single and multi target spells). The exact spells are not going to be mentioned here.
As you will notice, the heroes are actually Warcraft III units, like the sorceress. Heroes like Jaina or Arthas and do not belong in a low leveling zone like this one.

Screenshots:

Gameplay Screenshots

Activate neutral buildings.

[​IMG]

Fight against savage Gnolls.

[​IMG]

Reunite families.

[​IMG]

Versions:

Change Log

Version 1.04

Fixed:
  • Fixed an issue where the game would not start.

Version 1.03

Fixed:
  • Fixed an issue that causes Mind Blast to be replaced with Shadow Word: Pain.
  • Fixed an issue that Tom Williams could stop following the hero.

Version 1.02

Added:
  • Added Resistant Skin to some of the creeps.
Changed:
  • Changed the fountain of health in to a fountain of restoration.
  • Changed some of the quest descriptions.
  • Changed the level of Bandits to level 5.
  • Changed the mana regeneration of hunters from 7.5 to 6 per shot.
  • Changed the description of Whirlwind.

Version 1.01

Added:
  • Added a fifth playable class, which is a hunter. Hunters, who are the only physical ranged class, uses a bow and a pet to fight their enemies
  • Added a sixth playable class, which is a monk. Monks uses fists and other martial arts to knock out their enemies.
  • Added a seventh playable class, which is a priest. Priests uses the power of holy and shadow to defeat their enemies.
  • Added a eighth playable class, which is a rogue. Rogues uses weapons, poisons and stuns to slowly kill their enemies.
  • Added a few items and doodads to the map.
  • Added the item combine ability to the Magic Vault to make it more useful.
Changed:
  • Changed the class colors in the dialog screen to the exact WoW colors.
  • Changed the loading screen title to "Human Questing Zone".
  • Changed some of the quest descriptions.
  • Changed Flame Strike and Rain of Fire. They no longer damage friendly targets.

Credits:

Special thanks to:

• Blizzard for making the "Warcraft III World Editor" program.
  • Blizzard for making the "Northshire Abbey" images.
  • HappyTauren for making the "Ranger" model.
  • Ket for making the "Thief - Blade Edition" and "Monk" model.
  • Waldbaer for making the "Whirlwind/Bladestorm effect" spell.
  • www.hiveworkshop.com for answering some of my questions and giving feedback.
  • www.thehelper.net for answering some of my questions.

Author's note:

Last but not least I want to thank you all for playing this map. If anyone got a comment about this map, you can leave a message on this site.

Keywords:
Northshire, Abbey, Human, Elwynn, RPG, Quest, WoW
Contents

Northshire Abbey (Map)

Reviews
18:35, 31st Aug 2014 Orcnet: "] Northshire Abbey is probably the smallest single role playing game I've played so far, all of the mechanics, models, and cosmetics are based on a default structure of the Warcraft genre. Questing is simple but...
  1. 18:35, 31st Aug 2014
    Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

Northshire Abbey is probably the smallest single role playing game I've played so far, all of the mechanics, models, and cosmetics are based on a default structure of the Warcraft genre. Questing is simple but well flexed out the idea of quick skip through a conversation is very much of a good taste for rpgs.

Although the terrain value is quite simple as well, you might want to expand it more since the game is only a single player, that gives you more effort to give in detail.

Any else, this rpg is played fast depending on the difficulty you will choose.

2. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played it.
    And really, I enjoyed it.
    The game is very simple, and is fine.
    3.5/5 for me.
    Will you be making more? I saw that you wrote "Leveling Zone 1" or something.

3. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I suggest you use custom icons for the Warlock and Warrior. Other than that the map looks cool.

3/5

4. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map Approved.

5. Kibougamine

Kibougamine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds interesting,i'm gonna try it out :D

6. mariuswarlord

mariuswarlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fun map. :D 4/5

7. TheOgreNecromancer

TheOgreNecromancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a good map, I enjoy playing alone very much, since I have no friends :ogre_hurrhurr:

-Ogre approved.

8. Neverleft

Neverleft

Resources:
    Resources:
    :goblin_sleep:not realy look like it

9. Cazeoj276

Cazeoj276

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a barebones WC3 RPG that doesn't waste your time. That's the best words I'd use to describe it. It has good pacing, however the reason it has good pacing is because there just isn't much to do. You have a small area to do a few things, there isn't any depth to the combat, it's overall a very simple map.

However, it does what it's supposed to do, and although it isn't the most exhilarating piece, it certainly isn't the worst.

10. laserdemon

laserdemon

Resources:
    Resources:
    So far I think it's ok, but where the hell is my mushroom?

11. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok, I'll Give this a Short Review.

This is A Real God Short and Easy Singleplayer RPG Map. I Finished it like in 30 minutes.
    There weren't many classes to choose from, And Their spells Weren't Custom (NOT a Negative Point). It was a WoW Conversion, So i Expected Custom Models, Many Heroes, Long and Hard Gameplay, And Tons of Quests, Bigger Map and A Better Camera (Altough the Camera isn't Important).

Overall, Not Bad, Not great Either. Half of What i Expected. Makes it: 5 : 2 = 2.5 ~= 3/5

12. E.M.C

E.M.C

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, my impressions upon playing this:

It was a fun little map, it took me about an hour to complete everything (including all the sidequests), but I do have several criticisms:

1. I picked the monk class. The Spinning Crane Kick (clearly a D3 inspired spell) is bugged, and level 2 or 3 of the skill still deal the same amount of damage (50). Also, if ever fixed, the spell should heal more per level, other than having a fixed amount. Even so, I grew quite powerful over time, so I was mainly relying on my toughness and sheer punching power to kill and stay alive.

2. The ultimate spell (same as the pandaren one, even tooltips are the same) is underwhelming, I found that my character is much stronger without morphing.

3. I didn't even get to level 10, and I did my share of grinding and wondering around, which suggests that more content should be made for the map.

4. Finally, the way the game ends is a bit.. anti-climatic. The whole map is one fetch quest after another, but I was sort of hoping for some kind of a boss fight or something similar.

Final verdict: 3/5.

13. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Being a really short rpg, you got me interested.
    However, it does not work.

Nothing happens upon map launch.
    I can only see a box with a mana and health potion. :/

14. TheSilverhand

TheSilverhand

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think i just had a bug.. or something...

So, I downloaded it and imported the game to my Custom Maps.. Then i load into it and start the game... Nothing was there.. So i waited about 20 minutes for something to happen.. and nothing what so ever... :vw_wtf:

15. Stormshock

Stormshock

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have fixed the issue and it is working again.

16. Michael the Boombringer

Michael the Boombringer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Make Hogger the end boss.