• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northrend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Too bad youll most likely only be able to play as a Deathknight after some massive level 80 chain : P

Level 36
Well, I think it will be a lot like Outland actually. On first look (and perhaps through a bit of the levelling there) it will look cool, and everyone will love it, but then it will just get boring and repetitive, like Outland. Northrend is a cold, harsh, very hostile environment. It should radiate that when you enter it, otherwise Blizzard is just remaking the Dwarf starting zone and adding high level creeps.

Level 2
... but then it will just get boring and repetitive, like Outland. Northrend is a cold, harsh, very hostile environment. It should radiate that when you enter it, otherwise Blizzard is just remaking the Dwarf starting zone and adding high level creeps.

My thoughts exactly. When viewing the trailer I can't help but think of Dun Morogh. I'm not too excited about this 'Death Knight' class either. Can't help but think you'll have to do an Icecrown run several times just to achieve it - plus the thought of so many people becoming death knights is unbearable. I'm still, somewhat, worried about seeing a character I've played with abscond to 'the dark side', so to speak. Plus, will either faction accept 'heroes of the scourge'?, (essentially what a death knight is)...that's a question that's been on my mind since finding out about that class. The only answer I can come up with is a new faction that is based on character level, (70-80?).

It'd be nice if Blizz introduced some new mobs, or even new races aswell as a new class. And, it'd be brilliant if the game was no longer hanging on the threads of the Warcraft 3 story lines....which is obviously not the case.

Alas. This expansion will be another excuse for not going out on the weekends, or weekdays for that matter.

Level 8
Let's see:

770px-NorthrendWrath.jpg

Howling Fjord
Kinda snowy tundra. Some undead and vrykul battling against the Forsaken and the Alliance in Valgarde. Resting place of Muradin Bronzebeard?

Grizzly Hills
Sub-arctic woodlands. Hundreds of Furbolgs, Venture Company, Horde, and Alliance Logging Camps. Undead around Drak'Tharon Keep. Resting place of Muradin Bronzebeard?

Zul'Drak
Mountainous, troll city. Drakkari ice trolls and undead fighting.

The Strom Peaks
High, high mountains wracked with storms. Strom giants, crystal golems, massive Titan architecture.

Crystalsong Forest/Azjol-Nerub
Forest made out of crystal/underground dungeon. Green dragons and Emerald Dream portal/Nerubians, Forgotten Ones, and Scourge fighting each other.

Lake Wintergrasp
Wartorn lake. Ships with fireable cannons. Horde vs. Alliance.:pal::pird:

The Dragonblight
Snowy dragon graveyard. Magnataur, taunka, blue dragons, and more Titan architecture.

Borean Tundra
Melting tundra, lots of ice. Mag'har, tuskarr, naga, blue dragons on Coldarra. Malygos the Spellweaver in The Nexus.

Sholazar Basin
Tropical jungle. Dinosaurs, golems, plants. Alot like Un'goro Crater.

Icecrown Glacier
Massive undead base. Millions of scourge soldiers around Icecrown Citadel. The Lich King!!!

Dalaran
Magical, floating city. Ancient dungeons, tall towers, and thousands of mages. Possibly more about Arugal, Ur, and the origins of the Worgen. Rhonin!!!:spell_breaker::spell_breaker:

Status
Not open for further replies.