• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

8.0 speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Kul'Tiras will get into the game one way or another. Given the datamined quest outfits for it and having tentacle decorations on the robe, it all hints towards either an Old God invasion or Jaina going mad.

Yeah, that mage's getting her share of lore once again if this will get surfaced.

So, what do you guys think that will be introduced along the way besides what wowhead has unearthed?

Also on reddit about N'Zoth speculation.

WoW-Kul-Tiras-People-970x500.jpg

Level 25
It's possible that Jaina willingly surendered her homeland to the Old Gods to save it from the Burning Legion. If that is so, then maybe we'll see Kul Tiras around 7.3.5 because it would be weird if Jaina's actions will become visible right after we defeat the threat she's defending her homeland from.

I really don't want to see her as a dungeon/raid/quest boss though. LF Jaina redemption story.

Level 24
Yeah, I've know of this for a while now but I stayed away from the topic for now, mainly because I was convinced during Mists of Pandaria that the next expansion was going to be "the Dark Below" and when they presented us with Warlords of Draenor I just remember thinking, "well that is stupid." And yeah, the Dark Below ended up being a myth... Instead they pulled out Warlords of Draenor to promote the WarCraft movie.

But if I were to use logic, we see a new leveling gear-set which is named after Kul'Tiras and it contains a map with strange looking tentacles on it. Combine this with a quote from Xal'atath, "The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen Titan... there are greater battles yet to fight." It seems like Blizzard is hinting towards an Old God expansion and Kul'Tiras will play at least a part in the story. A few things strange about this, if N'Zoth is truly a underwater why are we going to Kul'Tiras as the island lies between Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. Why is this strange? Well if N'Zoth was locked under the water then wouldn't he have to be East of the Eastern Kingdoms? N'Zoth was jailed prior to the continents seperating so logic dictates that if he was really locked underwater it can't be found near Kul'Tiras, so why not use the Teldrassil harbor instead?

Second thing I'd like to ask is what is Jaina doing in Kul'Tiras, she hasn't been there since she helped kill her father. Why would the people of Kul'Tiras ever want to have her rule them and even prior to killing her father she spent very little time on the island, why she'd consider it a home is beyond me.

But there's one thing that has me believing this will be a Void expansion and that is this:

AlleriaVoid.jpg

That is Alleria Windrunner corrupted by the Void, seems as if the Void Lords are more present than you may have thought. Also what if I told you that we have proof that Sargeras is only a puppet, doubt me? I wcan't blame you but for you to understand you must know the story of the "key to all worlds" as Illidan calls it. More well known as the Sargerite keystone this artifact can open a portal to any other world like Azeroth and that's just what Illidan uses it for. But stop to think about how strange that is, the grand goal of Sargeras is to destroy Azeroth right? So why then is it that he has known the location of Azeroth for at least 10,000 years yet never used to keystone to transport himself and/or his entire army directly to Azeroth, he has the power to do so?

So we know for a fact that Sargeras says that his goal is to destroy Azeroth and he has always had the power to do so, then why hasn't he? To find that out the logical conclusion would be that he works to further the goal of whomever this helps out. After all Kil'Jaeden told Sargeras "All we have done has been by your design yet all we have to show for it is failure." So Sargeras can clearly not be working for the benefit of his own organization, the Legion so who does he. I mean Sargeras is obviously not a nice guy, just look at how much chaos and destruction he has brought to Azeroth. So who would benefit from chaos, what do we know for a fact that chaos is used for? Corrupting the Titan spirit inside of Azeroth, that's literally the only one.

This is strange for me to say but the only logical explanation left for why Sargeras is making such counter-effective moves is because he's a puppet of the Old Gods. Either that or he is the most idiotic piece of garbage ever to have entered the world of WarCraft. How would you even explain away that he hasn't used the keystone, I've been trying to find another explanation since the death of Kil'Jaeden cinematic came out. What if only someone who has been on Azeroth can summon Sargeras? In that case Archimonde or Mannoroth could have done it. What if only those not corrupted by the fel can summon some outside of the Twisting Nether? There's no mortal alive more touched by the fel than Illidan and even if we ignore that he could just have sent over the keystone to queen Azshara and she could have summoned Sargeras. Sargeras has already proven that he trusts others with the keystone and quite literally no mortal has ever been as loyal to Sargeras as Azshara it's a no brainier.

So either A) Sargeras is the supreme idiot among idiots, or B) He is a puppet of the Void Lords.

Even patch 7.3 supports this not only Alleria but several other models are void based. This is why I believe that N'Zoth will be the next boss because Sargeras all has to be a part of its plan for Legion to make any sense, the masters of N'Zoth, the void lords must have controlled Sargeras. Because right now it is canon that Sargeras for at least the past 10,000 years had the power to destroy Azeroth yet never did. So it makes sense that the next expansion will focus on N'Zoth and it will serve as a gateway towards the true enemies, the Void Lords, who will be the final threat of WarCraft.

Level 24
IIRC Alleria is taking void lessons from an Ethereal.

Thanks for the info, I didn't actually know that but still the question of "why is Sargeras acting like an absolute moron" is not really answered, which still leaves my explanation as the only viable one:

Razosh said:
So either A) Sargeras is the supreme idiot among idiots, or B) He is a puppet of the Void Lords.

Also why is she taking these lessons?

Level 6
It's possible that Jaina willingly surendered her homeland to the Old Gods to save it from the Burning Legion. If that is so, then maybe we'll see Kul Tiras around 7.3.5 because it would be weird if Jaina's actions will become visible right after we defeat the threat she's defending her homeland from.

I really don't want to see her as a dungeon/raid/quest boss though. LF Jaina redemption story.

Jaina was upset but maybe she can't betray the world, maybe she arrives to her homeland to be infested by krakens and tentacle-guys, outnumbered. So with her pain and shock, she then tries to venture to inform us we are under attack but... she fails and becomes a pawn, and corrupted by N'zoth. That would be cool if we see her again in new form, somewhat a naga form, serving second in command to Aszhara. or third.

why is Sargeras acting like an absolute moron
He might been playing moron and prisoner so that we shift back fighting the old gods and then after we have put so much effort and deaths just to defeat N'zoth, Yogg, and Cthulhuman, Sargeras attacks us at full force because he might have seen we are weakened by constant war. That would make him a great tactician.

Maybe he lets Illidan to be his 'jailor', for now. Because he is glad, we thought we have jailed him but we just brought a vessel for his future. So many planets othe than Argus that might fuel still the restoration of demons of BL, tho. Sargeras is now playing dumb and maybe has grown tired of aggressive invasions and invasions. but end to failures.

Level 24
Maybe he lets Illidan to be his 'jailor', for now. Because he is glad, we thought we have jailed him but we just brought a vessel for his future. So many planets othe than Argus that might fuel still the restoration of demons of BL, tho. Sargeras is now playing dumb and maybe has grown tired of aggressive invasions and invasions. but end to failures.

Yeah but he always (or at least for the past 10,000 years) had the power to instantly decimate Azeroth yet never did, the only explanation as to why may be that he's a puppet of the Void Lords.

Level 6
Yeah but he always (or at least for the past 10,000 years) had the power to instantly decimate Azeroth yet never did, the only explanation as to why may be that he's a puppet of the Void Lords.
i agree maybe we could release him in the future, far from voidlords grasp and make Sarg redemption story. What if he is the last titan that Amanthul says?
What if Azeroth is really alive but can no longer be restored because she has been too much fed by the old gods, we mighr fight our own titan :D

Level 24
Look if Sargaras could just crawl into a corner and never come back I'd be fine with that we've had SO MUCH about that guy already.

Wrath of the Bitch King

Featuring Anduin, the whimp.

"The boy king serves at the masters table, three lies will he offer you."

Level 24
Yeah, it's absolutely possible but why give us info now if it's not going to come into use until 15 years down the line?

Level 6
Wrath of the Bitch King

Featuring Anduin, the wimp.
Sounds good eh :)

Well, we have old Anduin commandin that eredar ship into the unknowx
Velen's prediction, saw that one too. ^^ Is he the last king?

I agree. He might have learned from his failures, because of impulse assault tactic. Maybe manipulation tactic he has switched into.

Level 7
When i was watching Noone182's video of the allied races video.

I saw the look of the Void Elves (Well the female has the same body structure than the Blood Elf female) look like half blue skinned High Elves.

Only problem is, the High Elves are going to no more after Blood Elves and Void Elves because Alleria's no longer an actual High Elf since she became a Void Elf and since Vereesa (Her sister), Auric Sunchaser and less High Elves that are not one of the two.

I still missed Alleria, Turalyon and Warcraft High Elves since 1990s Warcraft I and II (I can't do 1990s Warcraft on DOSbox or Stratagus ports because PUDs and WC1&2 Map Editors with game expansions won't work newer or upgraded OS(s) :'( ).

I still loved them much.

EDIT: *watches Noone182's Fate's Veil - Void Elf Unlock Scenario Preview | Battle for Azeroth patch 8.0 YouTube Video* OMG! Legacy of the Void Vibes! ^^

Reactions: pyf
Level 34
Only problem is, the High Elves are going to no more after Blood Elves and Void Elves because Alleria's no longer an actual High Elf since she became a Void Elf and since Vereesa (Her sister), Auric Sunchaser and less High Elves that are not one of the two.
And you'll have to keep missing them, because the next allied race to the Horde are Elves.....but Vampire Elves! X'D there's no love to them, only here in the Hive they still exist :p

Status
Not open for further replies.